• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The most key addition may be McAdoo.

top dawg

He didn't want Sam or Baker. Hopefully he gets his prized pupil on the field.

Enough with the damn leftovers. Panthers fans are so used to crap they're giddy about Baker Mayfield.

New lows apparently. This comes with a crap coach and low expectations.

McAdoo if allowed could have MC9 in the OROY conversation but Rhule wants him to re-fry beans.

We got people on this site high on the failed hopes dreams of the bottom feeder Browns.

Look at yourselves. 

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think there is any conspiracy theory. Personality conflicts happen all the time but truly talented and capable people will keep getting hired.

Also, coordinators get hired based on existing relationships. there is not as many opportunities as some may believe.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He didn't want Sam or Baker. Hopefully he gets his prized pupil on the field.

Enough with the damn leftovers. Panthers fans are so used to crap they're giddy about Baker Mayfield.

New lows apparently. This comes with a crap coach and low expectations.

McAdoo if allowed could have MC9 in the OROY conversation but Rhule wants him to re-fry beans.

We got people on this site high on the failed hopes dreams of the bottom feeder Browns.

Look at yourselves. 

out of curiosity, who was the last QB that was OROY?

nvm. Immediately went to Google.

Edited by TheCasillas

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Also, coordinators get hired based on existing relationships. there is not as many opportunities as some may believe.

True. 

But it’s still rare for a NFL HC to struggle to find a demoted coordinator job.   He finally landed a positional job with the worst team in the NFL years later.  

so there is something there.  What it is? Who knows. 

• Beer 2

Just now, CRA said:

True. 

But it’s still rare for a NFL HC to struggle to find a demoted coordinator job.   He finally landed a positional job with the worst team in the NFL years later.  

so there is something there.  What it is? Who knows. 

My assumption is that he he didnt want to be a positional coach, but then realized he didnt have a choice. However, thats purely speculation. We will see what he is capable of this year. Ill remain glass half full, I mean anything is an upgrade from what we saw last year.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

My assumption is that he he didnt want to be a positional coach, but then realized he didnt have a choice. However, thats purely speculation. We will see what he is capable of this year. Ill remain glass half full, I mean anything is an upgrade from what we saw last year.

He interviewed for OC jobs for a couple years.  A positional coach with the Jags is all he could get.  I mean there is something to that in terms of how the league views him.  Could be personality/connection/image driven than talent I guess.  

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

If you are good at your job, you will get second, third, fourth, fifth, etc. 

He wasn't hired after interviewing repeatedly. That's not great. It may not mean he sucks but he at least wasn't a desirable employee in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If you are good at your job, you will get second, third, fourth, fifth, etc. 

He wasn't hired after interviewing repeatedly. That's not great. It may not mean he sucks but he at least wasn't a desirable employee in the NFL.

Even if he is slightly below average at OC, it will be a welcomed upgrade!

• Beer 2

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

QB/OL > OC

O requires a certain level of QB play or who your OC is largely becomes irrelevant.  Still worried Rhule is going to be stupid.  Baker might be too much personality for Rhule…..and cause him to lean to Sam.  Baker is going to say a lot more than Teddy. 

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean....that's the sad truth. He would have to be REALLY bad to be worse than what we have had under Rhule.

TBH, if it is as bad or worse than 2020 and 2021, I'm at the point where that's gotta be Rhule. 

Same way I will feel if we make another dipshit HC hire after Matt Rhule gets canned. I will blame everything on Tepper.

The more things stayed fuged up, the more the people in charge are to blame.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

QB/OL > OC

O requires a certain level of QB play or who your OC is largely becomes irrelevant.  Still worried Rhule is going to be stupid.  Baker might be too much personality for Rhule…..and cause him to lean to Sam.  Baker is going to say a lot more than Teddy. 

The good OCs can make a big difference too.  Look at Kyle Shanahan with the Falcons.  When he left the offense slowly dropped year after year.  Andy Reid (calls his offense) brought Vick back to like and had Alex Smith in the playoffs.  You are right though a great QB can make an OC look a lot better like Burrow and Herbert have done for their teams I just think they are hard to come by.  

24 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The good OCs can make a big difference too.  Look at Kyle Shanahan with the Falcons.  When he left the offense slowly dropped year after year.  Andy Reid (calls his offense) brought Vick back to like and had Alex Smith in the playoffs.  You are right though a great QB can make an OC look a lot better like Burrow and Herbert have done for their teams I just think they are hard to come by.  

And Josh McDaniel had a worse offense than us in 2020.  You have to have a certain of talent before your OC matters. 

Ryan, Vick, Smith, etc are all capable QBs.  They just weren’t top tier.  Your OC starts to matter once you have capable QB play. 

If you get a Jimmy Clausen, Sam Darnold type behind C…..Andy Reid would have a bottom half of the league offense with them.  You can’t  scheme around a guy that can’t do basics in a passing league after a couple weeks.  You just lose.  If we cloned Andy Reid our offense would have still stunk last year.   

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I think one of the most interesting things to watch is the offense we run. Rhule keeps talking about having a run first identity as a team but that is not the offense that he has actually run. 

There seems to be a pretty big disconnect between what Rhule claims to want to be doing offensively and what we actually do on Sundays. 

Its true.  Rhule has shifted gears in many ways this year.  He may have shifted gears here to a more pass heavy O.

As for the last 2 years, if CMC  was healthy there would have certainly been more runs.  But Rhule wanted it balanced still, and Chuba and Davis were not CMC.  Brady had next to no experience with the run game, and Pat Meyer's rushing production before the Panthers wasn't great.  There's the plan and then there's gameday.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1