• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield and Scott Fitterer presser today at noon.

Zod

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I would add that he mentioned he already knows Campen's O-line terminology/protections so that's half the battle really. Now it's just translating the playbook. 

Yeah, forgot that because I was being a little sarcastic, but that actually was important.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Fit says Rhule will make the final call on who starts.  Huddle's head spins.

Nobody's talking about Rhule making depth chart decisions. He's the head coach. It's expected. People just don't want our dumbass owner involved.

I don't think he will be, but it's a reasonable thing to not want.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

I give him an A for the interviews.  I was impressed.  However, we don't pay them to talk.

True, but when it comes to Baker and his character concerns, saying the right things will go a longer way than your average player...

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd be fine seeing Darnold in mop up duty if we were like ahead by four touchdowns with five minutes to go or something like that...

I realize that's not going to happen 😕

In the very unlikely event we find ourselves in that situation, I would think it would be better to see Corral in for mop up duty. Darnold isn't going to be here in 23, Corral (in all likelihood) will be.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

Wow for all the people who personally hate Sam Darnold for whatever reason I dont get it.  He seems like a really good dude even if hes not a good nfl qb.  To reach out to Mayfield the day after he signed and help him get in contact with all the other players and stuff because he wants to win first and foremost is pretty impressive.

Maybe because he is a terrible NFL QB. If don’t hate Darnold the person, I feel nothing toward the guy. I do hate Darnold the player. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

True, but when it comes to Baker and his character concerns, saying the right things will go a longer way than your average player...

I think it was Bill Parcells who said the team that wins the game isn't necessarily the one that makes the most good plays, but the one that makes the fewest bad plays.

That can apply to other things too.

• Pie 2