• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article on why we should cut Darnold….am I wrong for being against this??

WarPanthers89

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

😂

Slaughtering the English language and logic at the same time.

Linville playbook..

Argue just to argue while making no points..

Then talk about grammar... 

Playing the hits since 90' ..

Lmao..

Do you have a different rabbit hole in your arsenal??

3 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Give the HC a chance to do something stupid, like, I dunno… running multiple QBs?

Or Hopefully it's the OC making the decision this time..

You're not going to save Rhule from being Rhule so what's the point??

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Linville playbook..

Argue just to argue while making no points..

Then talk about grammar... 

Playing the hits since 90' ..

Lmao..

Do you have a different rabbit hole in your arsenal??

Your original premise was that they should compete and let the winner be determined in practice. You remember that, right?  

Ever since then you've been an emotional basket case and all over the place.  I have no idea what you're trying to argue at this point and I don't think you do either. 😂

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

We have seen both players play as starting QBs in this league. It’s pointless to see who practices better. Say we acquired Stafford last year (extreme case obviously). Are we going to let PJ Walker start over him if he lights up practice? Baker is an established starter and Sam has established himself as not fit to start. He can light up practice but will see ghosts when the real game starts.

agree.. I think Baker is better..

But again what does it hurt making him work for the job??

This organization has no attachments to either player..

Let them compete and let the best player win.  That's it...

It's not that hard of a idea to understand..

And Reality..

This isn't the same as bringing Stafford here.. The cost to get Stafford and The QB Stafford is would have been a clear sign day 1 he was the starter and no competition needed...

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Your original premise was that they should compete and let the winner be determined in practice. You remember that, right?  

Ever since then you've been an emotional basket case and all over the place.  I have no idea what you're trying to argue at this point and I don't think you do either. 😂

Yes and at what point have I been wrong? 

Better question..

At what point have you proven that letting 2 failed QB's compete for a starting job.. Instead of just giving 1 the job is a bad thing??

But you being you.. Have done nothing but making up poo about QB competition that weren't and taking shots at somebody's intelligence behind a username...

I'm still waiting to see what your actually wanting to happen or why it's a problem to let them earn the job..

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

agree.. I think Baker is better..

But again what does it hurt making him work for the job??

This organization has no attachments to either player..

Let them compete and let the best player win.  That's it...

It's not that hard of a idea to understand..

And Reality..

This isn't the same as bringing Stafford here.. The cost to get Stafford and The QB Stafford is would have been a clear sign day 1 he was the starter and no competition needed...

I think your last sentence kind of summarizes where I’m at. The gap between Sam and Baker is big and that is not because Baker is great, but more because Sam struggles are that bad during games. Baker has proven he can take the right team to the playoffs and we acquired him to be our starter. 

May the best man win is a nice mentality when the players are on a more even playing ability. Sam doesn’t need to see the field again IMO. There is no good that can come from it. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if we unloaded Sam for whatever cheap ass offer we get like we did Teddy. Once we know a QB isn’t the answer we want to cut ties with them pretty quickly (especially now that we have better options on the roster).

7 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Yes and at what point have I been wrong? 

Better question..

At what point have you proven that letting 2 failed QB's compete for a starting job.. Instead of just giving 1 the job is a bad thing??

But you being you.. Have done nothing but making up poo about QB competition that weren't and taking shots at somebody's intelligence behind a username...

I'm still waiting to see what your actually wanting to happen or why it's a problem to let them earn the job..

Holy poo. 😂

There isn't any benefit from releasing him and maybe sitting back and watching Mayfield will help him in case he has to come in.  Corral can learn from both, both good plays and learning what not to do during bad plays.

Secondly, as much as I want to see Darnold gone, I'd rather see him than have to put up with another season of PJ Walker earning the minimum salary.  While exciting to watch, he couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a Banjo.   I know Rhule will be crying in his office because he has to cut a Temple alum. 

36 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Are you.. Or your doing the Linville thing arguing just to argue for board praise??

Literally nothing you said was true..

Jake and Wenikie weren't in no competition..

Cam and Pickles weren't in no competition..

Both times the coach had their guy they wanted to start.. And that guy ended up starting..

poof-abc.gif.44f7e2e18283e60439fc363158f0859b.gif

Cam technically had to compete.  He played as the #2 in the preseason.  Don’t think he “earned” the job until after the 4th game. 

it was dumb.  

and everyone in Spartanburg will know who gives us the best chance to win.  But Rhule probably will play the charade.  And Rhule probably will play musical QBs in the season if Baker doesn’t win 

I think he should be third string.  I think you are in good shape with the QB position.  They should complete with each other in the pre season.  Then you will have a better idea of each QB’s talent.

the only thing that worries me is , “Musical QBs during the season”.  In other words, benching a starter too soon, if things go south.

19 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think your last sentence kind of summarizes where I’m at. The gap between Sam and Baker is big and that is not because Baker is great, but more because Sam struggles are that bad during games. Baker has proven he can take the right team to the playoffs and we acquired him to be our starter. 

May the best man win is a nice mentality when the players are on a more even playing ability. Sam doesn’t need to see the field again IMO. There is no good that can come from it. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if we unloaded Sam for whatever cheap ass offer we get like we did Teddy. Once we know a QB isn’t the answer we want to cut ties with them pretty quickly (especially now that we have better options on the roster).

I think Baker is better but nothing in the way they got him or him as a QB.. Says he should just be giving the job..

Let him earn it..

Side note..

Every thing I've read about Baker is he's better when he has to prove himself..

Desperation Baker good..

Entitled Baker bad...

• Pie 1