• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reverse osmosis setup

Paa Langfart

34 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MU20LN2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought this one a couple years ago, and did the install myself...took about 45 minutes.

Have not tested the water out of it, but it sure does taste better.

I have looked at the express systems  and am leaning right now toward the ispring setup with the 110 volt booster pump.  I am on a well and my water pressure fluctuates to below 35 psi at times.  I like the Apec systems as well but am having trouble figuring out how they justify the price premium over either the express or ispring set ups.  It does look like installation is pretty simple and I've done a fair amount of plumbing over the years so that doesnt bother me in the least.  I have been doing a fair amount of reading and the RO systems are about the best way to reduce or eliminate PFOA/PFAS contaminants in drinking water. and those chemicals unfortunately seems to be about everywhere these days, especially if you reside somewhere in the Cape Fear River basin.

20 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

I have looked at the express systems  and am leaning right now toward the ispring setup with the 110 volt booster pump.  I am on a well and my water pressure fluctuates to below 35 psi at times.  I like the Apec systems as well but am having trouble figuring out how they justify the price premium over either the express or ispring set ups.  It does look like installation is pretty simple and I've done a fair amount of plumbing over the years so that doesnt bother me in the least.  I have been doing a fair amount of reading and the RO systems are about the best way to reduce or eliminate PFOA/PFAS contaminants in drinking water. and those chemicals unfortunately seems to be about everywhere these days, especially if you reside somewhere in the Cape Fear River basin.

I live in Wilmington...so yea, but my family has been drinking this water since it was first introduced into the supply...hasn't really affected us, that I can tell, but my wife hates hour tap water so the RO was a LOT cheaper than gallons or bottles all the time.

Good luck.

• Pie 1