• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady revisited

Mr. Scot

23 hours ago, CRA said:

Joe Brady is a passing guy.  He didn’t belong here.   Which was a problem.  He also had to develop and we have too many other issues for that. 

and we had a green passing OC and gave him  Sam Darnold and a bad OL LMAO.   Gee I wonder why that failed.   A rookie RB who couldn’t catch. Better OCs couldn’t of made it work in Carolina last year given the talent. 

but my stance doesn’t change.  He wasn’t the problem.  Just a problem.   Much bigger problems in Carolina than Brady.  Starts with Rhule.   He has been the primary one.  He has put things together that fail by design.  That was our offense in 2021. 

Nothing wrong with 2020.  We over achieved all things considered.

Relax man lol I was just goofing on you a bit given our relentless back-and-forth on the topic of Joe Brady.  This was a weird escalation into debate mode...I know you're not trying to convince me with this, so is this just a performative thing or what?

• Pie 1

On 7/8/2022 at 10:48 AM, Mr. Scot said:

I think Brady suffered somewhat from the league's current and fervent desire to find the next Sean McVay.

Had he gone the normal route of working his way up from position coach and things like that, maybe it would have been different.

Interestingly enough teams figured out McVay as well.  And the offense went stagnant without Todd Gurley dictating to the defense.  McVay needed a vet like Stafford to come in and adjust things with him.  I think Brady could have life as a playcaller again if he has a vet QB to help him along the way.

Coaches love Teddy Bridgewater but the honest truth is that Teddy is a commitment to mediocrity.  Sitting on routes with Teddy as the QB is easy, because even if the play is designed to take a shot he is going to throw it short/medium.  He only likes to go up top when someone breaks open, which he doesn't let develop much of the time.  I swear he's one of the only QBs that I've seen who will purposely get sacked to take his team out of field goal range...just so he can save the incompletion on his stat sheet (throwing it away).

On 7/8/2022 at 2:14 PM, CRA said:

weird, Baylor got punished and basically had 2 down seasons as a result...and was right back to being Baylor. 

building from the ashes?  Jay Z's cousin's mom or something apparently said that takes like 7 years to build something from the ground up.  So that's not what happened there. 

You are crazy if you think following Briles was a cakewalk. There was a reason Rhule got the job in the first place. No one else wanted it.

On 7/10/2022 at 5:09 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

You mad as hell. 😂

Joe Brady wasn't ready to be an NFL OC. He may not ever he for all I know. Not sure how I'm a "Brady lover". But you do you I guess. 😂

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47l5md3pc2lt1yxpryj4
LOL  You mistook boredom with anger.  What a funny mod.

On 7/10/2022 at 3:03 AM, WOW!! said:

Chris Sims broke the whole Joe Brady tenure down..

On 7/8/2022 at 10:48 AM, Mr. Scot said:

I think Brady suffered somewhat from the league's current and fervent desire to find the next Sean McVay.

Had he gone the normal route of working his way up from position coach and things like that, maybe it would have been different.

These two

On 7/8/2022 at 5:42 PM, MHS831 said:

At LSU, Brady simply had better players.  It is difficult to gauge how strategic he was when countered with resistance.  He got figured out and we had no answers.  Sure, a bad OL made that difficult, but all I heard from other teams was a boastful and condescending attitude that they knew (based on formation and motion) exactly what play we were running.  DBs broke on the ball before WRs did---so I am not buying that he was a scapegoat.  He never proved he could outcoach anyone.

As you said, he had tons of talent at LSU and very infrequently were they tested.  He had little reason to adjust to what defense was out there.   Some college programs have 1 or maybe 2 NFL prospects on defense.  He had several offensive weapons that were NFL talent.   Even the most marginal player on an NFL roster was better than he face in college.

He had zero answers for what defenses were doing to us after game 3.  Granted it didn't help our O-line sucked and our best outlet was hurt but when you struggle to get one first down than you need to go become an assistant and learn how to adjust.

I think he'll be back after some experience just hopefully not Carolina.