• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady revisited

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Was Brady dealt a tough hand with Rhule and the personnel? Yes. Was he also (predictably) predictable and overmatched by NFL defenses? Also yes. These things are not mutually exclusive.

Honest NFL guy thinks he was scapegoated, and he may have a point.

But yeah, it's also true that he was given a job he wasn't ready for just yet.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That day might not be so far off as you think it is.

All indications are Rhule needs to do something to save his job this year.

It's far from guaranteed that he will.

Well, going all in on the rookie QB was his last shot, he foolishly chooses to do the exact same thing that got him his terrible record. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Honest NFL guy thinks he was scapegoated, and he may have a point.

But yeah, it's also true that he was given a job he wasn't ready for just yet.

Of course he was, to some degree anyway; Rhule is a hack at this point in time and needed to give the appearance that he was doing something/had some kind of strategy. Considering that the offense got worse from there on out and STILL didn't run the ball like Rhule claimed he wanted to, it seems clear Brady took at least some kind of fall. 

• Beer 2

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That day might not be so far off as you think it is.

All indications are Rhule needs to do something to save his job this year.

It's far from guaranteed that he will.

The only indications is huddle and media chatter.  The same chatter that said he'd be gone this year.

You maybe right.  But I'm not spending my time pining for the HC to be fired. 

He is HC this year and I want him to win.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, poundaway said:

The only indications is huddle and media chatter.  The same chatter that said he'd be gone this year.

You maybe right.  But I'm not spending my time pining for the HC to be fired. 

He is HC this year and I want him to win.

Yeeeeaaah...nobody was predicting Matt Rhule was gonna be fired this time last year.

And hell, I'd like for Rhule to be a good head coach.

I'd also like for Sam Darnold to be a great quarterback.

I give those two things an equal probability of happening.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

And he could get away with it at LSU.  Knowing what's coming and not being able to stop it is still problematic.

He didn’t really have to get away with anything at LSU.  People forget that he was not the OC, it was not his offense, and he did not call plays 

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Yeeeeaaah...nobody was predicting Matt Rhule was gonna be fired this time last year.

And hell, I'd like for Rhule to be a good head coach.

I'd also like for Sam Darnold to be a great quarterback.

I give those two things an equal probability of happening.

BS. After the 7 game losing streak to end the season last year there were plenty predicting he would be gone both in the media and here.

Rhule has been a good HC, just in college.  He's still learning to compete in the NFL.   His other teams saw a 3rd year bump.  We'll see.

Sam was given 4 years to prove he sucks in the NFL.  Rhule has had two. 

You will see.  Rhules seat will not be hot by end of year and he will be HC in 2023.  I've offered several people to bet avatar for avatar that Rhule is still HC for the start of the 2023 season.  That was before the trade for Mayfield.

If you're so certain, I'll even give you odds.  You can choose my avatar for 3 months.  I choose yours for 1 month. 

Just now, poundaway said:

BS. After the 7 game losing streak to end the season last year there were plenty predicting he would be gone both in the media and here.

Rhule has been a good HC, just in college.  He's still learning to compete in the NFL.   His other teams saw a 3rd year bump.  We'll see.

Sam was given 4 years to prove he sucks in the NFL.  Rhule has had two. 

You will see.  Rhules seat will not be hot by end of year and he will be HC in 2023.  I've offered several people to bet avatar for avatar that Rhule is still HC for the start of the 2023 season.  That was before the trade for Mayfield.

If you're so certain, I'll even give you odds.  You can choose my avatar for 3 months.  I choose yours for 1 month. 

You can link those stories, then?

And the problem with any prediction of what will happen to Rhule is David Tepper. Rhule might go 2-15 yet Tepper could still be dumb enough to keep him / too egotistical to fire him.

What I feel pretty certain of is that Matt Rhule is not an NFL head coach.

I'm equally certain that David Tepper makes more bad football decisions than good ones, so who knows what'll happen?

28 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Yeah, the same chatter that said Baker would never lower himself to come to this, and I quote, "poo show." We had it on good authority that Mayfield's genius agent would never let it happen.

That thread sure dropped off the front page in a hurry. lol

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Pakmeng said:

LOL.....good to se you qualified your answer to AP High

what type college programs make it into the AP top 10 4 years straight? and before that made it into the top 25 every year? 

Rhule gets some credit for dealing w/ the punishment.  But he didn't turn Baylor into something new or doing anything unique there IMO

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You can link those stories, then?

And the problem with any prediction of what will happen to Rhule is David Tepper. Rhule might go 2-15 yet Tepper could still be dumb enough to keep him / too egotistical to fire him.

What I feel pretty certain of is that Matt Rhule is not an NFL head coach.

I'm equally certain that David Tepper makes more bad football decisions than good ones, so who knows what'll happen?

Sure here's a whole review of them here :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0DQfwc72PM