• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayfield, Darnold and Anderson

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Baker went through much worse with OBJ.  I’m sure he isn’t worried about it.   No one really takes Robbie seriously anyways.  He’s an idiot.  

I don't think Baker gives a poo.  You wouldn't want a QB he really cared what any WR really says let alone a non-89 level player. 

But pretending Robbie was defending Sam and buying that whack narrative being sold is just something I see no need to do. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Objectively speaking, I would say Mayfield is likely a lot more guaranteed to be a Panther through the end of 2022 than Anderson is.

Trade rumors around Robbie aren't exactly a new thing.

I agree - if TMJ starts off hot and Higgins contributes, Robbie becomes pretty expendable.  

On 7/8/2022 at 1:14 PM, Biscuit said:

I don't believe this at all.  I think he was happy to move on from Darnold when he left the Jets expecting bigger and better things. He has a productive year with Teddy which earned him a nice contract. Darnold follows him to Carolina. Absolute nose-dive in his performance. Seen blowing up on the sidelines, etc. Coached to say the right thing after the fact.  Like many WRs, he's boys with Beckham who takes his dislike for Mayfield public.  Once again Robb(y)(ie) shoots his mouth off on twitter without a second thought. Coached to say the right thing to CYA after the fact.   

pretty much nailed this

Robbie is a straight up embarrassing baffoon. I really wish we just cut him and Darnold at this point.  We’re paying them no matter what, question being, do you want them in the locker room and field or not this year? I vote not.

Would rather just roll the dice with the rest and see what they have. That’s the formula for a lot of squads.

Baker/Corral

Moore/TMJ/Higgins/Zylstra/Shi/Roberts

Would be nice to maybe ditch Robbie and see who gets cut come preseason wk 2. WR group is looking mighty thin if TMJ and Shi aren’t working out.

54 minutes ago, Gipetto said:

Painting a narrative that isn’t there

The only narrative that matters is the Jets removed Darnold and Anderson from the picture and they are in better shape and even finished their season strong nearly defeating the Bucs. While the Panthers are coming off a last place divisional finish and are a bottom three team in the league. It's sad that people are even going to bat for this f*ckery.

Edited by frankw

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

The only narrative that matters is the Jets removed Darnold and Anderson from the picture and they are in better shape and even finished their season strong nearly defeating the Bucs. While the Panthers are coming off a last place divisional finish and are a bottom three team in the league. It's sad that people are even going to bat for this f*ckery.

The Jets are still the Jets with their next bust of a QB until proven otherwise. 

Robby and Sam suck, but the Jets still suck as well. 

Edited by PootieNunu

3 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

The Jets are still the Jets with their next bust of a QB until proven otherwise. 

Robby and Sam suck, but the Jets still suck as well. 

Every team that does not have a clear proven franchise QB can say the same the QB position runs the NFL. But we are the ones dealing with their former headaches and we've tied up draft picks and salary cap for our troubles.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Every team that does not have a clear proven franchise QB can say the same the QB position runs the NFL. But we are the ones dealing with their former headaches and we've tied up draft picks and salary cap for our troubles.

Well Rhule thought he was smarter than everyone else when he was actually shooting himself in the foot.

• Beer 1

It's possible he does believe Sam was put in a bad situation and still can recognize he isn't a good QB. Those are not mutually exclusive and as someone that has been in both those shitty situations he's uniquely able to comment on them.  And by all accounts Darnold is a good teammate. He just sucks as a player.

Teammates support each other. Or they should, heh. It's a business, sure, but a big part of that business relies on comraderie. No need to read into this much.

Robbie should like this

“All Carolina had to give up was a 2024 conditional fifth-round pick that could become a fourth-rounder based on playing time and roughly $5 million in salary,” Spielberger writes. “Since Mayfield and Darnold were taken with the No. 1 and No. 3 overall picks in the 2018 Draft, Mayfield has earned an 80.0 passing grade compared to Darnold’s 58.5. He has a 6.1% big-time-throw rate (6th) compared to Darnold’s 3.6% (51st).”

On 7/8/2022 at 1:14 PM, Biscuit said:

I don't believe this at all.  I think he was happy to move on from Darnold when he left the Jets expecting bigger and better things. He has a productive year with Teddy which earned him a nice contract. Darnold follows him to Carolina. Absolute nose-dive in his performance. Seen blowing up on the sidelines, etc. Coached to say the right thing after the fact.  Like many WRs, he's boys with Beckham who takes his dislike for Mayfield public.  Once again Robb(y)(ie) shoots his mouth off on twitter without a second thought. Coached to say the right thing to CYA after the fact.   

Right on. I don't care if he and Sam are secret lovers, his favorite QB is Bridgewater because Teddy got him a bloated contract and Sam made him look average - which he is.