• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayfield, Darnold and Anderson

Mr. Scot

There's a long running narrative on here that Robbie Anderson hates Sam Darnold or blames him for his career issues.

Turns out that's not the case at all...

Where things get interesting though is that now Anderson is going to have to build a relationship with Baker Mayfield, this coming after he expressed disapproval of the Panthers trading for him.

All that of course assuming that Anderson himself doesn't get dealt, which while seemingly unlikely is still within the realm of possibilities.

• Beer 2

I don't believe this at all.  I think he was happy to move on from Darnold when he left the Jets expecting bigger and better things. He has a productive year with Teddy which earned him a nice contract. Darnold follows him to Carolina. Absolute nose-dive in his performance. Seen blowing up on the sidelines, etc. Coached to say the right thing after the fact.  Like many WRs, he's boys with Beckham who takes his dislike for Mayfield public.  Once again Robb(y)(ie) shoots his mouth off on twitter without a second thought. Coached to say the right thing to CYA after the fact.   

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

If says filmed prior to the trade in fine print 

Oh, I know his buddies added that.  Yet there was no talk about Robbie going on.  He just randomly happened to be on an episode that drops directly after Baker is added.  

I'm sure the Panthers talked to Robbie about the Baker thing and his tweets. 

5 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Robbie already said he has no problems with Mayfield.  His “noooo” tweet was more about making sure Darnold felt wanted by him.  Nothing more.  

odd, he clearly didn't give a fug about Sam feelings when it came to other QBs or other positional players he lobbied should be replaced by guys.

Robbie mouthed off his feelings about a QB the Panthers added.  And he has been tasked w/ the proper PR.  No big deal.  But it clearly is what happened.  And yeah, he meant it.  Baker isn't dumb. 

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

odd, he clearly didn't give a fug about Sam feelings when it came to other QBs or other positional players he lobbied should be replaced by guys.

Robbie mouthed off his feelings about a QB the Panthers added.  And he has been tasked w/ the proper PR.  No big deal.  But it clearly is what happened.  And yeah, he meant it.  Baker isn't dumb. 

Baker went through much worse with OBJ.  I’m sure he isn’t worried about it.   No one really takes Robbie seriously anyways.  He’s an idiot.  

Just now, Smithers said:

Baker went through much worse with OBJ.  I’m sure he isn’t worried about it.   No one really takes Robbie seriously anyways.  He’s an idiot.  

Objectively speaking, I would say Mayfield is likely a lot more guaranteed to be a Panther through the end of 2022 than Anderson is.

Trade rumors around Robbie aren't exactly a new thing.