• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do we succeed / fail?

Mr. Scot

To be clear, I'm not so much asking the question of whether you believe the team is going to win or lose this year. I'm asking how it happens.

If we become winners, what sparks the change?

If we remain losers, what was the nail in the coffin?

Does McCaffrey find a way to stay healthy? Do we lose a key defensive starter to injury?

Can the new coaches make things better or will the holdovers maintain the status quo?

Does a young player suddenly catch fire? Does an older one finally hit the wall?

What are the stories we're talking about at the end of the season?

• Pie 1

I’ll play the optimist:

The o-line is a top 10 unit and opens running holes that even I could run through.  We average 5 YPC on the ground regardless of who is carrying the rock.  That makes QB play better, and allows our athletic TEs to play in space rather than help block.  The offense will be much improved.

Chinn will have a Jamal Adams type year playing closer to the LOS on most plays from the SS spot, while Woods provides great back end help at FS that we haven’t seen in years.  The secondary is so stout that we get plenty of coverage sacks and force lots of turnovers.  

Oh, and Johnny H. has at least one fake punt throw for a TD.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Miracle / Continue to do what we are doing?

Nothing has changed to me but a new number with the same outcome. Just fire Rhule and play Corral as much as possible before we draft in 2023.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The bar for Rhule to keep his job should be making the playoffs. But I'm ready and honestly expecting a 2 win season so the team can be properly blown up and a staff that has an actual plan for success can be brought in. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

One kind of odd dynamic going into this season...

Offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo goes into the year with a rookie quarterback he's a big fan of and two veterans of whom he's not been all that fond.

Will be intriguing to see how that plays out.

• Beer 4

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

Miracle / Continue to do what we are doing?

Nothing has changed to me but a new number with the same outcome. Just fire Rhule and play Corral as much as possible before we draft in 2023.

THIS. Our talent evaluation is crap. We need to see him play. The FO seemingly has absolutely no idea. There is a reason they're getting clowned in the media.

Everyone would respect them playing Corral. Madden expected them to play Corral but nooooo, let's recycle a failure.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

One kind of odd dynamic going into this season...

Offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo goes into the year with a rookie quarterback he's a big fan of and two veterans of whom he's not been all that fond.

Will be intriguing to see how that plays out.

The front office is tone deaf, and blind. We didn't want Baker.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be clear, I'm not so much asking the question of whether you believe the team is going to win or lose this year. I'm asking how it happens.

If we become winners, what sparks the change?

If we remain losers, what was the nail in the coffin?

Does McCaffrey find a way to stay healthy? Do we lose a key defensive starter to injury?

Can the new coaches make things better or will the holdovers maintain the status quo?

Does a young player suddenly catch fire? Does an older one finally hit the wall?

What are the stories we're talking about at the end of the season?

You don't ask for much do you?  Here's my take on it: If we become winners it's because Banker and Corall light it up.  If we lose then Tepper will fire rule (that's a good thing and not bad). The nail was rule's incompetence. McCaffrey will stay healthy because he will have limited use.  With the exception of rule, I think we have a good coaching staff and they will improve the team.  I hope our rookies catch fire early.  Don't know about the wall.  We're still talking about gett rule fired.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

rhule takes his hands off the wheel and lets his knowledgeable and experienced assistants (i'm not including snow in that group) make the decisions regarding personnel, game planning, and game management. 

A pipe dream?  rule will not take his hands off any wheel.