• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayfield clips

Mr. Scot

On 7/9/2022 at 10:13 AM, PootieNunu said:

For me Baker is in the Darnold, Daniel Jones, Andy dalton type tier. The only difference is Baker had a good team around him while the rest of these guys had suckage. 

Dalton also took his team to the playoffs in Cincy with a good roster and coaching but he has sucked everywhere else he has played. I hope Baker can be good, but I highly doubt it. 

I can see the Andy Dalton and Baker Mayfield comparison.  But Daniel Jones is a step down from those 2 guys and Sam Darnold is a step down from Daniel Jones.  Let me illustrate what I mean.

I'm posting Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Andy Dalton and Daniel Jones...in that order.

image.png.0f3f7c1fb3c9a26ab8fd7213969a266f.png

image.png.bf6fcd9451e32f790a7eb5fbcd35d64f.png

image.png.14c4e4d05439e690c09ad882b5cf5fe1.png

image.png.e2b733b422311f7d0aa90da30c9bd73e.png

On 7/10/2022 at 12:15 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

He's never been a top 15 qb

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/qb-power-rankings-2020/

https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-ranking-the-59-starting-quarterbacks-of-the-2020-nfl-season

Mind you, I don't go off these rankings, nor did I ever look this up before posting that IMO he is a top 15 QB in the NFL.

This was from 2020, before he got hurt, and played that way.

You do you though, I'll just go with what I saw.

3 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/qb-power-rankings-2020/

https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-ranking-the-59-starting-quarterbacks-of-the-2020-nfl-season

Mind you, I don't go off these rankings, nor did I ever look this up before posting that IMO he is a top 15 QB in the NFL.

This was from 2020, before he got hurt, and played that way.

You do you though, I'll just go with what I saw.

nevermind its not worth the back and forth

Edited by mrcompletely11

4 hours ago, frankw said:

It's important to temper expectations regardless of personal feelings about Baker or Corral. If neither show the promise we hope for it's back to the draft. Hopefully this whole thing does not become a circus that's bad for the locker room.

If he blows then he walks into FA without costing us any more money. That’s one of the best parts about this trade IMO. 

• Beer 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

If he blows then he walks into FA without costing us any more money. That’s one of the best parts about this trade IMO. 

See this is the part where we are trying to get you to understand.  I dont think anyone on here thinks he is going to blow.  I think he will be just good enough that we will extend him and save rhule.  But will never be a top tier franchise qb and we will be tied to him for years and essentially in purgatory.  Thats our fear in a nutshell

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

See this is the part where we are trying to get you to understand.  I dont think anyone on here thinks he is going to blow.  I think he will be just good enough that we will extend him and save rhule.  But will never be a top tier franchise qb and we will be tied to him for years and essentially in purgatory.  Thats our fear in a nutshell

That has so many variables in it to really worry about. 

1. How good did HE play?  Was it lighting it up and our defense letting him down?

2. What kind of contract is being offered?  Mid level? Top 10?

Getting us past 5 wins will be a good start.  Helps us become somewhat respectable so the Staffords, Russ Wilsons, Watsons (thank God we dodged that) will actually consider us if another becomes available.  Also we can just trade up and grab a top rated QB if we find one we like like the Chiefs did with Mahomes or the Niners are attempting with Lance.  Staying at the bottom of the NFL and trying to draft one CAN work, but it also can turn into us with Cam's Panthers (good QB with not enough cast), Stafford with the Lions, Texans with Carr, Bengals with Palmer, Goff with the Rams, Bradford with the Rams, JaMarcus with the Raiders, Winston with the Bucs even Lawrence struggled with the Jags (jury is still out, but he didn't look like the next Andrew Luck last year).  

Trying to land a Burrow or Manning will be an extremely rare occurrence IMO.  Build a team to win and be as competitive as possible and when the opportunity comes to acquire a talented QB pounce on it.  That just seems more likely IMO then trying to stay at the bottom of the league until we find an elite QB.