• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayfield clips

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not the last one...

And there are definitely a few in there where he has to scramble.

He seems to have good pocket awareness.  Slides without breaking eye contact with the secondary.  Sam used to start staring at the rush on some plays.

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Hopefully, we will have a good OL this year--to evaluate QBs behind that shtshow last year is not fair to anyone.

I think we will have a strong run blocking line with average pass blocking, which will be a huge upgrade from last season. As long as Rhule does not trot miller out at LG we should be good. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1

18 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I think we will have a strong run blocking line with average pass blocking, which will be a huge upgrade from last season. As long as Rhule does not trot miller out at LG we should be good. 

Which means to run the ball, you better have a good D---I worry about the front 7

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Which means to run the ball, you better have a good D---I worry about the front 7

I worry about a whole bunch of weird looking fronts that have no chance of stopping the run. We are going to have to line up and stop the run to be any good this season, Snow likes to be too cute, this isnt college football. 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My first thought? Indecisiveness. He's looking at something but then holds back on pulling the trigger for whatever reason.

Mind you, as long as the ultimately makes the right decision I wouldn't worry too much.

But the similarity between that and what Sam Darnold sometimes does is...concerning 😕

unsettling. yeah, if he can make the right decisions or at least win on most gambles, I'm ok, but i'm afraid we'll be seeing a lot of this stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_iOasuEVv0 

also there's this....

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-thrown-interceptions-since-2018

Since 2018, Baker Mayfield has thrown the most interceptions, with 56 interceptions.

also he's fourth in INT percentage behind darnold (3), fitzpatrick (2), and jameis (1)

his OL hasn't been bad like it was with darnold (in fact it's one of the best) and he's had good targets. i don't want to call him a gunslinger exactly, but he does throw a lot of poo at the wall. 

i hope he does ok, but we've been through all this before. he doesn't seem to be as skittish as sammy, but he's got his own issues. seems to be a lot of drama that follows him around, too. it's just hard for me to get excited about him and him just being a better quality of turd than we're used to around here just isn't enough to get me on his bandwagon. 

i hope he's good and that we win, but i think he's just filler for this year and not much more. 

8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

unsettling. yeah, if he can make the right decisions or at least win on most gambles, I'm ok, but i'm afraid we'll be seeing a lot of this stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_iOasuEVv0 

also there's this....

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-thrown-interceptions-since-2018

Since 2018, Baker Mayfield has thrown the most interceptions, with 56 interceptions.

also he's fourth in INT percentage behind darnold (3), fitzpatrick (2), and jameis (1)

his OL hasn't been bad like it was with darnold (in fact it's one of the best) and he's had good targets. i don't want to call him a gunslinger exactly, but he does throw a lot of poo at the wall. 

i hope he does ok, but we've been through all this before. he doesn't seem to be as skittish as sammy, but he's got his own issues. seems to be a lot of drama that follows him around, too. it's just hard for me to get excited about him and him just being a better quality of turd than we're used to around here just isn't enough to get me on his bandwagon. 

i hope he's good and that we win, but i think he's just filler for this year and not much more. 

I'd like to see a film / stat breakdown of Mayfield's first two seasons (under Freddie Kitchens and the notorious Hue Jackson) vs his last two under Kevin Stefanski.

(maybe our buddy @ellis can do something like that)

Stefanski's likely a better coach than the other two, though from that Athletic article by the Cleveland writer it sounds like he was a bit of a dick to Mayfield.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd like to see a film / stat breakdown of Mayfield's first two seasons (under Freddie Kitchens and the notorious Hue Jackson) vs his last two under Kevin Stefanski.

(maybe our buddy @ellis can do something like that)

Stefanski's likely a better coach than the other two, though from that Athletic article by the Cleveland writer it sounds like he was a bit of a dick to Mayfield.

it just seems like he has issues with lots of people. coaches and players. it just happens too often, going back to his time with texas tech. he was whining about what was(n't) going on with Kingsberry there and he just left for OK. when you have problems with that many people...it might not be the other person's fault. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

it just seems like he has issues with lots of people. coaches and players. it just happens too often...when you have problems with that many people...it might not be the other person's fault. 

Doesn't that description kinda remind you of somebody else, though?

Not namin' any names, but...

steve-smith-ravens-forward-panthers.jpg

• Pie 1

On 7/6/2022 at 4:46 PM, hepcat said:

Attitude: trash

I supported trading for him, but this is objectively true - at least it was when he was a draft prospect. I know someone in media whose professional duties included some interactions with him. She said he was one of the rudest and most self-important athletes she ever interacted with, and she has worked with a lot of them. She has spoken glowingly of Kobe, LeBron, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, The Golden Calf of Bristol, Shaq, Charles Barkley, and others. He thought she was beneath him because he was going to be drafted No. 1 and she wasn't. To this day my acquaintance dislikes Baker. 

• Pie 1

Just now, PantherGuy said:

I supported trading for him, but this is objectively true - at least it was when he was a draft prospect. I know someone in media whose professional duties included some interactions with him. She said he was one of the rudest and most self-important athletes she ever interacted with, and she has worked with a lot of them. She has spoken glowingly of Kobe, LeBron, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, The Golden Calf of Bristol, Shaq, Charles Barkley, and others. He thought she was beneath him because he was going to be drafted No. 1 and she wasn't. To this day my acquaintance dislikes Baker. 

You have no idea man, people are pooing me on this board because I really don't like that guy but I've lived in Austin for 11+ years and I know several people who've met/known the dude personally.

There's a reason why he can't stick in one place for long. There's a reason why the Panthers own staff was split on trading for him. There's a reason he has a TON of haters. I just don't know how much evidence people need to see this wasn't that great of an idea. Even at the low low price they got him for, he comes with a ton of baggage that could turn a rough season into an absolute pit of hell.

Wish the Panthers had just stuck with Darnold who at least as a person I don't dislike. He's a garbage QB but at least as a person you can just be like oh well, and move on. If Mayfield plays poorly you fall back on the fact he's also a complete douchebag and it really gets your blood boiling, coaches are going to throw him under the bus just like Stefanski, it's going to be ugly. 

I'm just really sad about what the Panthers have devolved into since Tepper bought the team. It's such a mess and I really don't like that guy. I'm very glad Austin FC beat his sorry ass soccer team too.