• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayfield clips

Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

We have, currently enough talent on the roster to keep us out of the top 4 or 5.  We don't have a lot of draft capitol to try to move up to get to the top 2 or 3.

We need to see if Rhule is worth bringing back, if he can't make the playoffs with Baker, we will know that he's not and the whole thing starts over.

We have seen what we need to see of Rhule and his cronies, he should not even be here now. We still have him as HC and Snow at DC, I dont see us sniffing the playoffs if CMC gets hurt. 

We did the same poo with Ron and he lucked in a coty which extended his coaching career with us. We would have been better off with a better coaching staff to develop our players instead of just riding Cam and Luke to the occasional stroke of luck.  We had Ron for 9 years when he should have only been here 2. 

Also Ron was 10x the coach Rhule is. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

We have, currently enough talent on the roster to keep us out of the top 4 or 5.  We don't have a lot of draft capitol to try to move up to get to the top 2 or 3.

We need to see if Rhule is worth bringing back, if he can't make the playoffs with Baker, we will know that he's not and the whole thing starts over.

This is the thing...

I actually feel like we may just have somebody who can build a legitimate roster.

Unfortunately, the coaching staff at this point is a mixed bag at best.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My word, you're miserable.

I'd normally try to be sympathetic, but your constant stream of negativity toward everyone else on here is just so damn boring.

He's on his third account recycling the same contrarian takes. Could at least mix it up and surprise us from time to time or add some humor.

2 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

We have seen what we need to see of Rhule and his cronies, he should not even be here now. We still have him as HC and Snow at DC, I dont see us sniffing the playoffs if CMC gets hurt. 

We did the same poo with Ron and he lucked in a coty which extended his coaching career with us. We would have been better off with a better coaching staff to develop our players instead of just riding Cam and Luke to the occasional stroke of luck.  We had Ron for 9 years when he should have only been here 2. 

Also Ron was 10x the coach Rhule is. 

I'm not talking about Teppers decision to keep MH, no reason to discuss it further, he is what we have for 22/23.

Random observation to add:

About a 15% of Bakers NFL TDs have been to Rashard Higgins who may not be a great blocking WR, but has been a fairly reliable 3rd option that can play X. And we signed him earlier this offseason.

He was also one of the guys on the Browns who was right with Baker on and off the field. They’ve got chemistry rather than whatever we saw with Robbie POS and Darnold. He’s got a lot better chance to catch on than the David Moores and DJ Hacketts of the world. I’ve always liked him, he can get 6ers and be a reliable #3.

We just REALLY need good complimentary weapons outside of DJ and CMC—have to be able to spread defenses thin. It makes 3-4 guys critical to have an impact:

TMJ (2nd rd)

Higgins (FA)

Thomas (4th rd)/Tremble (3rd rd)

Without that, if CMC goes down, we’ll be SOL again.

Edited by davos

On 7/9/2022 at 10:20 AM, thefuzz said:

Believe what you will.  I think that Baker is a top 15 QB in the league, something we haven't had in 5 or 6 years, and that we can be moderately competitive with him under center.  I do not think that Sam would allow this team to get to 8 wins.

Unless you are wanting to tank, or have Rhule fall flat on his face to make sure that he is fired, this move put the team in a better situation.

He's never been a top 15 qb

• Pie 1

On 7/8/2022 at 4:40 PM, MHS831 said:

At the end of the day, we will have spent 4.85 million and lost a day 3 draft pick to take a flyer on a QB with some youth and upside.   Well worth the risk.

This is it right here. If he fails we will be off the hook and only lose a future 4th/5th in 2024. His last healthy year he was top 10 in QBR, so there is definitely some potential there. Virtually no risk with a chance of reward…

On 7/6/2022 at 4:46 PM, BrianS said:

He's Sam Darnold II.  Maybe he finally puts it together, he's got all the incentive in the world to do so and a HUGE chip on his shoulder.  I will say there is at least more good tape on Baker than on Sam.  Full disclosure, I'm not one of those who hold last year against Baker.  He should have tapped out, and didn't.

Baker chose not to tap out. Notwithstanding his injury, I don't believe that every GM on every team held it against him, but, even still, he was this year's QB that no one but the Panthers were willing to invest in trading for at the end of the day. I don't believe that all comes down to the 2021 season, but what preceded it, in terms of on-field play. In my opinion, some Panthers' fans need to take off the rose-colored glasses.

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

Baker chose not to tap out. Notwithstanding his injury, I don't believe that every GM on every team held it against him, but, even still, he was this year's QB that no one but the Panthers were willing to invest in trading for at the end of the day. I don't believe that all comes down to the 2021 season, but what preceded it, in terms of on-field play. In my opinion, some Panthers' fans need to take off the rose-colored glasses.

It's important to temper expectations regardless of personal feelings about Baker or Corral. If neither show the promise we hope for it's back to the draft. Hopefully this whole thing does not become a circus that's bad for the locker room.