• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayfield clips

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

When I took the time to watch Baker film I came away with the impression that he TRIES to throw it too hard.  I put emphasis on TRY.  He doesn't seem to have the smooth and easy arm strength that someone like Matt Stafford has, where Matt can effortlessly whip it out of a cannon.  I think Baker can get that kind of ball velocity but it takes him more effort.  So he loses a bit of control and accuracy for the sake of ball velocity.  I would definitely try to coach that out of him.

Some of those 50-70 yard bombs look pretty easy, not sure about the tight window stuff

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, BrianS said:

He's Sam Darnold II.  Maybe he finally puts it together, he's got all the incentive in the world to do so and a HUGE chip on his shoulder.  I will say there is at least more good tape on Baker than on Sam.  Full disclosure, I'm not one of those who hold last year against Baker.  He should have tapped out, and didn't.

Poor hot take. Sam has been trash since college. Baker is a baller and was a proven winner in college and took a trash organization to the playoffs. 

You can say you don’t like the trade, but to say he’s the equivalent to Sam is an outright lie. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Wes21 said:

When I took the time to watch Baker film I came away with the impression that he TRIES to throw it too hard.  I put emphasis on TRY.  He doesn't seem to have the smooth and easy arm strength that someone like Matt Stafford has, where Matt can effortlessly whip it out of a cannon.  I think Baker can get that kind of ball velocity but it takes him more effort.  So he loses a bit of control and accuracy for the sake of ball velocity.  I would definitely try to coach that out of him.

I agree. It’s more noticeable because of the amount of time I’ve spent watching Corral (effortless and quick flicks with velocity)

saw the NFL Today on ESPN earlier with some selected clips.

Liked how quickly he'd get set and get the ball out of his hands in what was shown.  It's been a while since we've had a QB who understands how to get the ball to other people fast.

*assuming the clips they showed are a reasonable example of such

On 7/6/2022 at 8:27 PM, Mr. Scot said:

And one kinda weird thing: he double (and triple, and quadruple) clutches as much as (possibly more than) any quarterback I've ever watched; saw this happen on a boatload of plays...

have noticed that, too. not sure what to think about it. i know i'd hate to be a cameraman and have to follow that.

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

have noticed that, too. not sure what to think about it. i know i'd hate to be a cameraman and have to follow that.

My first thought? Indecisiveness. He's looking at something but then holds back on pulling the trigger for whatever reason.

Mind you, as long as the ultimately makes the right decision I wouldn't worry too much.

But the similarity between that and what Sam Darnold sometimes does is...concerning 😕