• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield is a Carolina Panther

uncfan888

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The panthers are not going to tag him and he is not going to want to be tagged.  Rhule and co would most certainly give him a 5 year 150mil+ deal. 

You asked me what I would do.  I have you an easy answer and now you want to go and make assumptions.  There is no way to know what Rhule and co will do, and I'm pretty sure Rhule isn't calling all the shots anymore.  

• Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

but but but we got better or something

YOUR biggest complaint is that we got better.  You are concerned we might extend Baker for having a good year.  My God you are just complaining and contradicting yourself while doing so.  Did we not get better?  Then Baker will be a FA next year and only cost us a late round pick. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

YOUR biggest complaint is that we got better.  You are concerned we might extend Baker for having a good year.  My God you are just complaining and contradicting yourself while doing so.  Did we not get better?  Then Baker will be a FA next year and only cost us a late round pick. 

We got marginally better compared to sam fuging darnold however its in the short term.  This doesnt do jack poo in regards to our long term goal and team building.   So what the fuging point is having Baker on a one year deal if we are going to let him walk?  This doesnt make sense but then again I am arguing with a dude that defend signing teddy and trading for Darnold. 

Baker is not a franchise qb and there are now 4 years worth of data to prove it.

Edited by mrcompletely11

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Bro if that is balling out then we can agree to disagree.  He wasnt even in the top 15 qbs in that year

Agree to disagree. He wan games in 2020, winning a playoff game. This ain't your fantasy league Hoss, winning is the only stat that matters.

1 minute ago, shaqattaq said:

Agree to disagree. He wan games in 2020, winning a playoff game. This ain't your fantasy league Hoss, winning is the only stat that matters.

fair enough

6-12-6-6

he is a below .500 qb with a stacked roster

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Umm, Teddy did just that with Denver. He and Mayfield did that to go to a team as the starter to try and land a longer deal if they play well. It happens, we aren’t used to it because we typically pay way too much. Even this year our starter is on a $5M deal yet we are paying our QBs $24M.

Plus if we extend Baker off one year of play we just went through this whole "rebuild" without ever getting to Fitts philosophy of drafting a cheap QB to build around for a 4-5 year window. If we have no intentions of extending him it's also a waste of time, unless it shows Tepper that Rhule is the problem, not the 6 qb's he's trotted out on the field. 

• Pie 4