• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most Underrated Player on Every NFL Team

kungfoodude

Gonna go with Shaq, he has blossomed into one of our teams leaders and has really developed his coverage instincts. You can really sometimes see how Luke rubbed off on him with some of the play recognition interceptions he has.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Bottom tier or not, how many CB’s can play 95 coverage snaps and only allow one catch?

He was only credited with 5 targets during that time so my guess is quite a few could pull that off.

I'm not downplaying his potential at all, simply saying that the sample size is too small for any kid of rating. Hell, Bene Benwikere and Mike Remmers were among the best at their respective positions at the end of 2014 and we know how that worked out.

I can't find the Remmers rank at rhe moment but here's Bene. Only point here, again, is about sample size and drawing conclusions.

Edited by KSpan
  • Beer 2

I think they were going with "underrated league wide" hence why they chose Moton. 

Shaq is a solid choice but he wouldn't make a ton of radars in the league, IMO.

Horn and Brown are just goofy. Horn played about 10 seconds and Brown has largely been a disappointment.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I think they were going with "underrated league wide" hence why they chose Moton. 

Shaq is a solid choice but he wouldn't make a ton of radars in the league, IMO.

Horn and Brown are just goofy. Horn played about 10 seconds and Brown has largely been a disappointment.

You could also say Shaq getting paid pretty much double what he's worth puts him "overrated" to this organization. Better guys are making like $7-10M a year, Shaq's getting $20M 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, KSpan said:

He was only credited with 5 targets during that time so my guess is quite a few could pull that off.

I'm not downplaying his potential at all, simply saying that the sample size is too small for any kid of rating. Hell, Bene Benwikere and Mike Remmers were among the best at their respective positions at the end of 2014 and we know how that worked out.

I can't find the Remmers rank at rhe moment but here's Bene. Only point here, again, is about sample size and drawing conclusions.

I don't think it's fair to act like Bene just fell off a cliff because he turned out not to be good. That injury ruined him.

• Beer 2

8 hours ago, CRA said:

I'd probably go Shaq today.  Largely because Panther fans universally agree Moton is really good. 

I agree on Shaq, but there's one worry about Moton. He looks great compared to who we have lined up with him. Is he as good as we think, or is he just lots better than who we've had out there?

I think he's good, but honestly, the other parts of the line were so weak, they just kind of had to send someone to keep Taylor busy while busting through the other gaps. 

9 hours ago, Waldo said:

He isn't trash, he was just not worth a top 10 pick or even a first round pick. Would have been a solid 2nd or 3rd rounder to date. 

He is a 1st round talent IMO. The man was a beast in college and demanded double teams early his rookie year. He definitely took a step back last year, but I think he is in for a good year this season. I mean if teams wanted to run on us last year they had an easy path through Reddick or Burns.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think it's fair to act like Bene just fell off a cliff because he turned out not to be good. That injury ruined him.

I'm not meaning to imply that, more so that he settled back into good-to-very good range in 2015 before the injury but not best in the NFL. I agree completely that Bene was a quality player who had awful injury luck.

18 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He is a 1st round talent IMO. The man was a beast in college and demanded double teams early his rookie year. He definitely took a step back last year, but I think he is in for a good year this season. I mean if teams wanted to run on us last year they had an easy path through Reddick or Burns.

They had just about as easy of a path through Brown.

He was supposed to be a disciplined run support guy but he has been anything but that.

Need him to put it all together this season.