• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sports radio (sucks in general) but really sucks in Charlotte

SuperBowlBound

Anybody listen to WFNZ or ESPN 730 in this city anymore? I try listening every once in awhile, but WFNZ (for reasons I cannot comprehend) hires awful "talent." I cannot get over some of these kids they allow to talk on the airwaves. If you cannot annunciate words, you shouldn't be on the air (like the "Smoke" guy on the Kyle Bailey show - he's giving Marc James a run for his money for worst of all time).

I cannot listen to national podcasts/radio shows as I find most to be incompetent at best. 

Anybody like anything this city has to offer sports radio wise or is it all a burning bag of poop?

15 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The target audience is rapidly dying off. Does anyone under 80 listen to sports radio?

I frankly miss my sirius subscription.  my car was either on Stern or NFL Sirius radio 24/7.  But I couldnt' listen to Stern w/ my kids and they complained about NFL talk.  So I listen to bullshit crap music now that they like.