• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derrick Brown slimming down

ncfan

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'd like to see Brown bounce back this year and if he's showing offseason commitment, that's a good sign.

I like him as a person, but this is why you don't spent a top end pick on a non pass rushing DT...I'm sorry, but that's just my opinion.

That said, that drafts top 10 ain't looking so good.

• Pie 1

Just now, thefuzz said:

I like him as a person, but this is why you don't spent a top end pick on a non pass rushing DT...I'm sorry, but that's just my opinion.

That said, that drafts top 10 ain't looking so good.

You need a space-eating DT so the LBs can bring down running backs closer than 12 yards past the line of scrimmage, though.

12 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Joey weighed 269 at the combine, Nick at 266, Garrett at 272.

You telling me that all of them are playing around 255, after years in the NFL?

He said "6 of the top 8 pass rushers" in the very same post you quoted.  That presumably excludes Joey Bosa and Myles Garrett.  So the only one you may have contention with is Nick Bosa.

19 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Joey weighed 269 at the combine, Nick at 266, Garrett at 272.

You telling me that all of them are playing around 255, after years in the NFL?

Joey and Miles are the two that are not within the weight range of BB. Funny you picked those names specifically. 

Nick mentioned in a presser he played at 264 range last year. I see that as being close to BB. If you dont then fine. 5 out of the top 8 rushers in the league are at or less than BB's weight.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Joey and Miles are the two that are not within the weight range of BB. Funny you picked those names specifically. 

Nick mentioned in a presser he played at 264 range last year. I see that as being close to BB. If you dont then fine. 5 out of the top 8 rushers in the league are at or less than BB's weight.

I looked up the ones who I can tell are just larger looking on the tv than Burns, didn't look up the others.

Rhule is "hoping" that he can stay at that weight...end of the day, while Burns may turn out to be a great pass rusher, he's likely never going to be a great DE...just is what it is.  The guy likely plays between 245-255, if I had to guess.  In a 3/4, he likely has more success as an OLB rather than a hand in the dirt player.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

You need a space-eating DT so the LBs can bring down running backs closer than 12 yards past the line of scrimmage, though.

I understand football, what I don't see are many space eating DT's in the league worth a top 10 pick.

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Fairly simple here.  Fat does not equate to strength.  Let's say Derrick Brown lost 20lbs of fat but added 15llbs of muscle netting a total of 5 lbs weight loss....IMO much better then just 20lbs of fat without 5lbs of weight loss.

He gets pushed around. He needs more beef. Compare his body to Star’s…there’s a difference IMO

Why do you guys dislike Derrick Brown? He is a very good young player who is playing DT which takes awhile to transition and is constantly graded higher than other players in his class Kinlaw, etc. Also, his grades are above average for all DTs and he has a very strong work ethic to get better. The coaches love him and he has potential to be a monster in this league. Go listen to what other players say about Brown like Brian Burns and those who have played against him. Dude is a stud IMO. He just needs to put it together. 

Edited by Jared Patterson
  • Pie 3