• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clowney interest in playing close to home

ncfan

3 hours ago, ncfan said:

Per Albert Breer.  Clowney may sign with the Panthers IF we offer due to him wanting to play closer to home.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/05/04/nfl-mailbag-bryce-young-cj-stroud-2023-draft

AF5EE3D9-CBB8-448C-9011-E47A35A5D879.jpeg

The factor here may be Baker Mayfield. I know no one wants to hear this, but are we truly satisfied with the quarterbacks we have? If Cleveland offered to trade Mayfield for a 4th round draft pick and agreed to pay 10 million of his contract would Fitterer do it? Until a hard decision is made here it might complicate the Panthers pursuing Clowney. I am not advocating for Mayfield, just a random thought. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

21 minutes ago, tecc86 said:

Sort of like Zion? lmao

Zion averaged 27/9 in his first year playing with incredible efficiency and was already the best finisher around the rim in the NBA.

If Zion bust out of the league it'll be because of his health, not because he was "overrated"

You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I should have been more clear. I meant that DC and Zion has both developed a cult following and their highlights were cherry picked and posted on social. Zion is going to eat himself out of the NBA. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 3

52 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

The factor here may be Baker Mayfield. I know no one wants to hear this, but are we truly satisfied with the quarterbacks we have? If Cleveland offered to trade Mayfield for a 4th round draft pick and agreed to pay 10 million of his contract would Fitterer do it? Until a hard decision is made here it might complicate the Panthers pursuing Clowney. I am not advocating for Mayfield, just a random thought. 

I can definitely  still see a vet being added. I would think they would like to get a look at Matt and Jimmy can't throw til late June. If they think Matt got a chance to compete with Sam, I think they hold off. If it looks like Matt will definitely  need a year and Sam looks horrible still, it is definitely  us getting a vet Qb. 

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 1

Ive been wanting clowney for years, forgive me Im very weak when it comes to freakshows.

Im the larry david gif about him.

Do I want him around these young defenders?? Hell naw...

Do I want to pay him what he thinks hes worth?? HELL naw..

Do I swear off broke women with great ratios and break that within 5 months? HELL YES

Hes a lazier peppers that had a severe knee injury.

FYI kids- Scott finesserererre was in Seatle when (at the time) stole him from Houston and BOB......turned out it was a wash. Still if its low for starting DE(like around 7 million or less).....and you have the "I need you to be leader for the young men in this building" talk.....go for it.

Browns have peppers 2.0, it is no wonder he got 9 sacks, plus a team full of 1st rounders to take heat off clowney. Hes like the boss' s son, been skating by base on winning the gene pool lottery. 

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Ive been wanting clowney for years, forgive me Im very weak when it comes to freakshows.

Im the larry david gif about him.

Do I want him around these young defenders?? Hell naw...

Do I want to pay him what he thinks hes worth?? HELL naw..

Do I swear off broke women with great ratios and break that within 5 months? HELL YES

Hes a lazier peppers that had a severe knee injury.

FYI kids- Scott finesserererre was in Seatle when (at the time) stole him from Houston and BOB......turned out it was a wash. Still if its low for starting DE(like around 7 million or less).....and you have the "I need you to be leader for the young men in this building" talk.....go for it.

Browns have peppers 2.0, it is no wonder he got 9 sacks, plus a team full of 1st rounders to take heat off clowney. Hes like the boss' s son, been skating by base on winning the gene pool lottery. 

Good point about Fitt being in SEA when they traded for him... forgot about that.  And considering how that turned out, it may be why we haven't heard of any interest coming from our side towards him, considering he has just been sitting out there available all this time and last I checked, the Browns had offered to him already.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, 4Corners said:

I should have been more clear. I meant that DC and Zion has both developed a cult following and their highlights were cherry picked and posted on social. Zion is going to eat himself out of the NBA. 

He is a bust already…didn’t take long

• Poo 1

He had 9 sacks last year matching Brian Burns best year ever and some of y’all wanna give Burns the bag but not sign Clowney? When Clowney is a primary edge setting DE? 

Clowney imo is a MUST sign for this team right now. The only concern I would have with him is health. But IF he’s healthy. He could legit be the best complete DE on the roster. Period. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, frankw said:

If it's a reasonable deal yes kick the tires. People saying he sucks will be singing the blues this fall if our pass rush isn't up to standards.

I think he actually helps us more in run defense, TBH. He's a very solid run defender, which we could use even more. 

• Beer 1