• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinions on Corrals game

Jmac

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I am worried he is gonna default to hero ball if that interior OL doesn't at least improve to average NFL caliber. I don't want to see him getting lit the fug up as he is scrambling to make a play with his feet. He can't take the beating Joe Burrow takes.

I'm more afraid he gets that adrenaline going and thinks he can run ppl over.. Like he tried to do in college..

I think the oline just off better coaching and a way more experienced playcaller will be better.. 

8 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Good topic.

Expecting a lot of 11 personnel from McAdoo with a lot of slants and other quick developing routes and I expect him to use Moore in the same way he used OBJ. Going this route would explain why the Panthers were enamored with Corral, Corral’s quick release and his accuracy between the LOS and the first down marker probably got McAdoo excited.

The big question mark unfortunately comes back to CMC. If CMC is healthy he makes the offense much more dynamic and difficult to defend. If he gets hurt again then I can see a scenario where the offense struggles again because of how easy 11 personnel is to defend when you don’t have a running game.

If CMC holds up and the OL is as good as we think it will be then the offense could be pretty successful.

D'Onta Foreman is a bruiser and he's got hands, won't the same kinda drop off as last year if CMC goes down in that regard. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

D'Onta Foreman is a bruiser and he's got hands, won't the same kinda drop off as last year if CMC goes down in that regard. 

It was important to get a back that can carry the work load should McCaffrey go down again. With as much 11 personnel that McAdoo runs, an RB who is a threat is a must.

I fully expect teams to jam our wide outs and bring the safety’s down since a lot of routes will be short routes. If CMC and and Foreman get to the second level on their runs then they might take quite a few of them the distance.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Good topic.

Expecting a lot of 11 personnel from McAdoo with a lot of slants and other quick developing routes and I expect him to use Moore in the same way he used OBJ. Going this route would explain why the Panthers were enamored with Corral, Corral’s quick release and his accuracy between the LOS and the first down marker probably got McAdoo excited. I went back and watched Manning’s TD’s from 2014 and on most of his TD passes he knew where he was going with the ball pre-snap. I suspect that will benefit Corral being that he’s a one-read QB right now.

The big question mark unfortunately comes back to CMC. If CMC is healthy he makes the offense much more dynamic and difficult to defend. If he gets hurt again then I can see a scenario where the offense struggles again because of how easy 11 personnel is to defend when you don’t have a running game.

If CMC holds up and the OL is as good as we think it will be then the offense could be pretty successful.

Excellent reason why you drafted this

Ikem looks for work like a west indies immigrant..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 3

15 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I'm more afraid he gets that adrenaline going and thinks he can run ppl over.. Like he tried to do in college..

I think the oline just off better coaching and a way more experienced playcaller will be better.. 

Yeah, we will see how quickly he learns the lesson that he can't do that poo. Howell, if he ever sees the field, will get a quick lesson in that too and he is a far bigger guy physically.

I HOPE the OL is better but we are making a lot of assumptions to get to where it is better. TBD.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, we will see how quickly he learns the lesson that he can't do that poo. Howell, if he ever sees the field, will get a quick lesson in that too and he is a far bigger guy physically.

I HOPE the OL is better but we are making a lot of assumptions to get to where it is better. TBD.

You call it a assumption.. Which I understand but Mcadoo is way better prepared to do this job then Brady was and Campen is way more thought of then PaT Meyers..

Facts..

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Howell already has a weird kinda dad bod thing going on. Have a feeling he's gonna be like 6'1" 250 in the not too distant future

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Excellent reason why you drafted this

Ikem looks for work like a west indies immigrant..

Also a good point, if we can run the ball then it won’t take a super star QB to make the offense work, just one that doesn’t turn the ball over.

The Corral pick stared to make a lot of sense once I dove into McAdoo’s history.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

You call it a assumption.. Which I understand but Mcadoo is way better prepared to do this job then Brady was and Campen is way more thought of then PaT Meyers..

Facts..

And these new O-line guys actually enjoy hitting people. I'd rather swing and miss guys than toll booths

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

And these new O-line guys actually enjoy hitting people. I'd rather swing and miss guys than toll booths

Yeah I don't expect any of these guys to have a "sacks happen" mentality..

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Also a good point, if we can run the ball then it won’t take a super star QB to make the offense work, just one that doesn’t turn the ball over.

The Corral pick stared to make a lot of sense once I dove into McAdoo’s history.

Yeah in did the same and can clearly see that Corral is a Mcadoo guy all the way..

13 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Facts..

Maybe so but will that be enough to matter? The bar you just set was really, really low. 

And they may not being able to help shitty overall coaching and planning(Rhule) or complete lack of talent(also Rhule).

1 hour ago, Jmac said:

Will this be a run first offense with the short and medium stuff to compliment the running game?

I think yes, especially him being a rookie. You're going to naturally want to rely more heavily on the run game for any rookie.

I think the offense needs to definitely be built around what he's good at and take into consideration what he's not too good at (the long ball). 

Also totally agreed on him needing to not try to bulldoze defenders.