• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3 Pick 94: Panthers Select Matt Corral - QB Ole Miss

Ricky Spanish

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

And so what if he wasn't? Then take Howell or Strong or Zappe or who the fug ever. They are all goddamn backups, so WTF does it matter?

And you trade a Day 2 pick for this? Jesus Christ.

A future 3rd and the last pick in the 4th for a current 3rd isn’t a bad trade. I would assume they don’t value all the prospects the same. Fitt said he had a first round grade on couple of the QBs and Corral’s grade was much higher than a 3rd. At one point there were mentions of us drafting one at 6, instead we lose a future 3rd for one and drafted a stud LT at 6. We did good. Relax…

• Beer 2

This is a great value pick. Many pundits saw Corral as the best QB in the draft. And we got him for a third rounder next year and our low 4th this year. And he is on a rookie contract for peanuts for 4 years.  This draft has exceeded all expectations so far.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 7
  • Flames 1

Latino, once fought Wayne Gretzky's son, didn't want to go to school with "rich kids", can ball out, has an insane release, is quick, can scramble, and has a good arm, makes smart choices, likes to battle.

If he pans out, we're going to have a good one again, guys. OK Corral!

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

49 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If you would have told me last week we'd get Corral and Ikwonu in the draft, I would have taken it.  I like Corral's release for our offense.  Howell was not a good match (long ball)

But Corral's quick release and mobility is interesting.

He admitted to the off the field issues--but for a third rounder, worth the risk. 

And still have 1st and 2nd next year.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

A future 3rd and the last pick in the 4th for a current 3rd isn’t a bad trade. I would assume they don’t value all the prospects the same. Fitt said he had a first round grade on couple of the QBs and Corral’s grade was much higher than a 3rd. At one point there were mentions of us drafting one at 6, instead we lose a future 3rd for one and drafted a stud LT at 6. We did good. Relax…

Our third is likely to be a top 5-10 in the 2023 draft. Why trade that? Why? For Corral? Is he better than Howell? Is he better than Strong? Is he better enough to be a starting QB in the NFL? If the answer to a single one of those questions is no, then it is a dumb trade. 

Just fuging wait or trade a goddamn 4th for another 4th. Don't let go of 1st-3rd round draft picks. That is the meat of the draft.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Latino, once fought Wayne Gretzky's son, didn't want to go to school with "rich kids", can ball out, has an insane release, is quick, can scramble, and has a good arm, makes smart choices, likes to battle.

If he pans out, we're going to have a good one again, guys. OK Corral!

Did you just say something positive? Wtf world am I living in right now?

• Pie 5