• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper says 5 year minimum for Rhule.

Zod

36 minutes ago, rayzor said:

When we're losing, sure.

But the leadership of this team has made everything worse and it's really taking a toll on a lot of us. I can't remember a time that so many fans were so disillusioned by this team. This is by far the worst funk I've seen here since I joined in '05 (or was it '04?).

...and it's because we see no way out on the horizon.  All I see is several more years of waiting to see if Rhule can produce on what he promised.  Early results are not looking good.

So yay, I guess.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

I don’t believe for a second that Tepper keeps Rhule past this year if we have another five win season. Then again looking at his other questionable moves it’s possible.

I mean....did you believe he would keep him after the disaster of this past season? I know I didn't.

29 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That is a tall order without a competent QB(much less HC). Sadly the better OL is not guaranteed yet. We hope that is the case.

I will say there will be no excuse for the offense NOT looking better. None.

Maybe but Atleast the play caller won't do the same thing over and over and getting the same results or be equipped to make adjustments when needed..

And maybe Rhule got humbled enough that he won't be the only voice in the room and will be more agreeable to listen to the more experienced coaches around him.. Something he didn't have the last 2 years..

Ppl around him more experienced that he is forced to listen to..

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Maybe but Atleast the play caller won't do the same thing over and over and getting the same results or be equipped to make adjustments when needed..

And maybe Rhule got humbled enough that he won't be the only voice in the room and will be more agreeable to listen to the more experienced coaches around him.. Something he didn't have the last 2 years..

Ppl around him more experienced that he is forced to listen to..

I mean, it didn't get better under OC #2 last year.

I don't know that Rhule is likely to ever be humbled. Reference his comments to the team about him being able to get a college job. I don't think to his core he believes he is doing anything wrong. I don't think you will see the moment Rivera had where he reached out to his mentors and asked what he was doing wrong. 

I don't know if he is going to be forced to listen to anyone. They all work for him, after all. 

We will see what happens but my hopes are pretty low while he is at the helm.

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, it didn't get better under OC #2 last year.

I don't know that Rhule is likely to ever be humbled. Reference his comments to the team about him being able to get a college job. I don't think to his core he believes he is doing anything wrong. I don't think you will see the moment Rivera had where he reached out to his mentors and asked what he was doing wrong. 

I don't know if he is going to be forced to listen to anyone. They all work for him, after all. 

We will see what happens but my hopes are pretty low while he is at the helm.

Oc 2 last year wasn't very experience either and was his friend..

That's not the same as Mcadoo who has more experienced and was a HC longer them him..

All your talking about happened last year..

Before he got humbled with 

1. Fitt taking more of the roster duties and being more of the face of the franchise..

2. Him being forced to hire more experienced coaches with HC ability.. There are 3 guys on the coaching staff now that can be interim HC if he gets fired during the season.. I know Rhule didn't want that..

7 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

He said it to mute the media about lame duck year for Rhule, and the potential of any player not wanting to be here bc it will be a lame duck year for Rhule.  This elimnated the noise the media could have drummed up if he said anything different about the situation. 

This is why you fire Rhule at the end of 2021.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I live the idea of the bottom of the roster churn. But prioritizing it over starting or elite talent? Insane.

Churning the bottom of the roster with cheap rookies and UDFAs is fine when you have good, established starters. Doing so at the expense of adding starters and quality backups when you need them is as you said insane.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

When we're losing, sure.

But the leadership of this team has made everything worse and it's really taking a toll on a lot of us. I can't remember a time that so many fans were so disillusioned by this team. This is by far the worst funk I've seen here since I joined in '05 (or was it '04?).

I've lurked here for years before I started to post last year and I recall seeing people whine when winning too, mostly about the refs or coaches. But that is the nature of fandom.🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean....did you believe he would keep him after the disaster of this past season? I know I didn't.

Man, tell me you will at least consider that this team was horrible on the offensive line and had no CMC and Joe Brady was average at the very best. Last year was going to be tough on offense with that OL

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I've lurked here for years before I started to post last year and I recall seeing people whine when winning too, mostly about the refs or coaches. But that is the nature of fandom.🤷‍♂️

Its never been this bad. Fan morale has never been worse. Not in here.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Man, tell me you will at least consider that this team was horrible on the offensive line and had no CMC and Joe Brady was average at the very best. Last year was going to be tough on offense with that OL

These are undisputed facts. 

Season 2 No GIF by The Lonely Island

• Pie 1