• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer confirms: A handful of teams have raised knee and hip issues to me concerning Alabama OT Evan Neal

TheSpecialJuan

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

It depends on what the medical issue is, in my eyes. Some guys are still worth the pick even with injury history. 

I don't know the extent of testing these teams do, but I'm assuming it's joint inflammation kinda stuff teams are worried about. Probably questionable X-rays

11 minutes ago, Varking said:

It depends on what the medical issue is, in my eyes. Some guys are still worth the pick even with injury history. 

Not sure you recall but I wanted him before the college season.  Here we are with a chance to pick him?  No way some “injury concern” sways me now.  He is the best player in this draft IMO.  We would be amazingly lucky to get him

Played a ton of bigtime games and dominated all the way through.  He is the guy

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Varking said:

A handful of teams have raised knee and hip issues to me concerning Alabama OT Evan Neal

First Ive heard which parts and I did dismiss the first report. Being a big guy and knowing big guys, we all have knee and hip issues.....

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Not sure you recall but I wanted him before the college season.  Here we are with a chance to pick him?  No way some “injury concern” sways me now.  He is the best player in this draft IMO.  We would be amazingly lucky to get him

Breer said in that link, he still expects Neal to go in the top 6. 

That doesn’t mean Neal won’t have a good, long career. But I could absolutely see where Jacksonville or Houston, or another team, may look at Neal versus NC State OT Ickey Ekwonu, who has a very clean medical, and take the guy who’s a better bet to last.

I believe Neal and Ekwonu and Mississippi State’s Charles Cross will, for what it’s worth, all wind up going inside the top six picks, so it’s not like I believe that Neal is going to fall too far because of how his medicals came back. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

First Ive heard which parts and I did dismiss the first report. Being a big guy and knowing big guys, we all have knee and hip issues.....

Aye, it’s just a what are the issues specifically in my eyes. I like him, but I might like Cross a tiny bit more. 

42 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Still don't think it's a huge concern because it's just a few with concerns. 

I would like to know what it's based on, but I still would love to have him anchor the OL for a long time. Serious stud potential here.

Don't underestimate what teams "leak" in hopes of getting said player to slide in the draft. Like slide down to where they can "take a chance" on him.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Aye, it’s just a what are the issues specifically in my eyes. I like him, but I might like Cross a tiny bit more. 

I heard form a couple trusted OL "experts", that thought Cross was a true LT and thats his only spot. Neal was thought of either OG, RT, and maybe even LT with some work. 

Hips and knees make it so you can not even lift, hip is close to back/spine about limiting you in what you are able to do. Could be a degenerative hip/knee and the best fold of treatment is....to lose weight...thats a death sentence for a OLman. OR start popping pills and taking shots....

6 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Curious why Cross more?  

Just a personal preference of him having to carry more of the load of an offensive line against teams much better than his vs Neal where his oline is so good around him it’s a little easier on him. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Just a personal preference of him having to carry more of the load of an offensive line against teams much better than his vs Neal where his oline is so good around him it’s a little easier on him. 

Sounds good…Cross is a fine player and athletic as they come.  Neal is my guy.  He makes us tougher, smarter and just brings a franchise type leader to our team.  If this guy gets injured we could hire him as a coach.  He is so impressive and articulate as a person.  Evan Neal is special