• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are comfortable drafting a couple QBs at 6

Varking

10 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Yeah I also wonder if we could trade for Baker while also adding a pick this year.  For example:

CAR gets - Baker, 2022 3rd rounder

CLE gets - 2023 3rd rounder, 4th rounder 

No way they'd get that much back for a guy on his 5th year option that they may have to cut, maybe a 2023 conditional 5th if he's the starter. 

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

No way they'd get that much back for a guy on his 5th year option that they may have to cut, maybe a 2023 conditional 5th if he's the starter. 

It would essentially be a 4th in my scenario.  We’d just be swapping 3rds from year to year 

2 hours ago, Smithers said:

I found it interesting that Fitt said he notified Sam that we would be adding to the QB room this week.  Then he went on to say veteran options wouldn’t be looked at until after the draft.  

So he is basically saying that we are adding a QB at some point in the draft.  Of course that doesn’t mean in the first few rounds…could always be someone like Zappe, Strong or Purdy in the 4th.  

Happy College Football GIF by ESPN

Sometimes you get frozen out and the trade back just isn't there.

Probably easier to trade up. They could get themselves a late first early second if they pony up and a good/great QB may be there.

It's just a matter of picking that one guy out of the presumed top 6-7 QBs that is going to have a good/great NFL career. 

There may not be a clear #1 for a lot of reasons but there is value in this draft at QB. 

4 hours ago, Shocker said:

Just watched the interview and he clearly said he was comfortable with “a guy there”…Then checked up and said “a few guys there”

The fact he said "comfortable" and not we really like a few QB at 6 is telling...

Example..

If you asked your girlfriend "what about marriage"  and she said "I'm comfortable marrying you".. Does that feel like she excited about marrying you??

• Pie 3

11 hours ago, Varking said:

Jobs are on the line and it’s a quarterback driven game. Until you have that quarterback you aren’t going anywhere. We don’t have that quarterback. So I’m not surprised to hear that we are considering a quarterback at six even though the value isn’t there.