• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week Of: Draft Buzz, Rumors, & News (w/updates)

davos

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

But why are you trading known commodities for what exactly??

Im not and said it would be rare, just *could happen if they truly want a 2 or 3 or early 4th. Im sure Fitt called around and got a decent gauge on most of the players worth.... Would you turn down a early 2nd for Derrick brown, Id have to think long and hard right now....

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Im not and said it would be rare, just *could happen if they truly want a 2 or 3 or early 4th. Im sure Fitt called around and got a decent gauge on most of the players worth.... Would you turn down a early 2nd for Derrick brown, Id have to think long and hard right now....

Depends what's on the board.. Is there a 2nd round DT better then Brown entering his 3rd year??

Also I'm not on the Brown being a bust bandwagon right now..

Edited by WOW!!

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Depends what's on the board.. Is there a 2nd round DT better then Brown entering his 3rd year??

Also I'm not on the Brown being a bust bandwagon right now..

Im not either, just tossing out stuff for forum banter. If there is a year in which a player gets traded for 2 or 3, this maybe the year. Brown wise, Im still a big fan, just had 2 steps back after his very good rookie year. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I have "worked from home" over the past 2 weeks, and I have spent about 8 hours per day watching/listening to the NFL Network.  It seems rather obvious (based on this information) that the only way the Panthers will draft a QB at #6 is if they cannot get a trade partner and all top 3 LTs are gone.

MHS prediction (take it to the bank):  I think they would like to trade back, hope Cross falls, then move up with KC for Sam Howell. 

I haven't worked from home, oh, ever....and I could have old you that.  Not mocking you at all, just merely saying the Panthers' ruse of loving a QB in this draft has been about as believable as Putin saying he wasn't going to invade Ukraine as few months ago.  I'll eat a heaping plate of hot, steaming crow with a dallop of flaming poo on top if we take a QB at #6.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

40 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im not either, just tossing out stuff for forum banter. If there is a year in which a player gets traded for 2 or 3, this maybe the year. Brown wise, Im still a big fan, just had 2 steps back after his very good rookie year. 

Brown is literally exactly what we knew he was going to be. The same player he was in college. A fine player that can help you win, but not a player worth the #7 overall pick

• Pie 2

So now our predicament gets even trickier because Neal's health concerns are his weight.  And what did we just go through with Deonte? Yeahhhhh

So if Icky and Cross are in fact gone, we may be staring at Pickett, Willis, Johnson, Stingley? This just got tricky if we're a team with him not on our board.

Edited by davos
  • Beer 1

I say trade down or go defense....medical concerns always scare me especially for a top 10 pick. It's just a gamble and i really dont want to go defense again but it has to be a QB or LT on offense for this team and if neither works for a top 10 selection thats just what you have to do.

8 hours ago, davos said:

So now our predicament gets even trickier because Neal's health concerns are his weight.  And what did we just go through with Deonte? Yeahhhhh

So if Icky and Cross are in fact gone, we may be staring at Pickett, Willis, Johnson, Stingley? This just got tricky if we're a team with him not on our board.

I think we are serious about Garrett Wilson too... probably  more in a trade back but we were high on Waddle and Smith last year and I think Wilson is possibly  better than both. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, WOW!! said:

I agree with Lawrence but I also put in the context that he was literally being coach by a guy who gave up on the team in TC... 

You couldn't put a QB in a worst situation then what Lawrence was in and expect him to show anything..

I thought Lawrence really showed something week 18 when Jacksonville beat an Indy team in a win-and-in situation.