• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Say we roll with Darnold

12 minutes ago, Shocker said:

His agent made the deal…I wouldn’t turn it down either.  In today’s game him not being egotistical is refreshing to me.  I understand he might not be the guy but he works and is a great teammate.  

We could probably sit here and admonish every contract against performance but the guy is here and is still working.  I give him credit for that

Yeah, I guess I'm not going to laud someone for showing up to work to rake in $19M for sucking. I mean, what would you do? Quit? 😂

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I guess I'm not going to laud someone for showing up to work to rake in $19M for sucking. I mean, what would you do? Quit? 😂

Baker Mayfield would…and Kyler Murray and others

Edited by Shocker

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll see what happens there. But the point remains. If you're terrible at what you do and someone is dumb enough to pay you $19M to do it, you're a fuging moron not to show up and cash that check. It's not a praiseworthy thing.

I don’t think Sam is some terrible guy that collects a paycheck.  Really demeans how hard he works.  Maybe he isn’t a great QB but he works.  So sick of people shetting on him when he can’t control the situation 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I don’t think Sam is some terrible guy that collects a paycheck.  Really demeans how hard he works.  Maybe he isn’t a great QB but he works.  So sick of people shetting on him when he can’t control the situation 

It’s all mental for Sam and our staff was dumb enough to pay him after 4 years if no results. That speaks of our stupidity more than anything else.

Look we still have not seen Sam Darnold behind a decent OL and with a decent offensive coordinator.  Forget no CMC which saw his production drop  bigtime when he went down.  

I can’t see a serious argument on this

Sam Darnold could still be very good with the supporting cast.  

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Shocker said:

It’s the NFL and he has been paid millions to be horrible at his job.   He can be shat on.  It comes with the millions and millions of dollars. 

• Poo 1

12 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Baker Mayfield would…and Kyler Murray and others

Usually a guy threatens to sit out because he wants a real contract instead of the 5th year option. Mayfield is already guaranteed the money as far as I know, if they don't get him off the roster I suppose he could get some fines for not showing up but I don't know if it'd equal the whole amount or if the money would magically go back into the Browns cap space. 

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Look we still have not seen Sam Darnold behind a decent OL and with a decent offensive coordinator.  Forget no CMC which saw his production drop  bigtime when he went down.  

I can’t see a serious argument on this

Sure we have.  In college.  And was a human turnover machine and bonehead just like behind a weak OL

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Sure we have.  In college.  And was a human turnover machine and bonehead just like behind a weak OL

Agree…but taking one of this rookies probably resets this clock.  Sam is more experienced and much more proven than any of these guys.  That is a fact.

I said most of last season…I want to see this team with a good OL and a decent OC.

Edited by Shocker