• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JT O'Sullivan's 2022 QB Rankings

Ricky Spanish

17 hours ago, rippadonn said:

I didn't single you out. 

People here told me Herbert wasn't worth our pick and Trask wouldn't be anything a bunch of them...

Loop Trump GIF

Again, you think doing what Trask did was in any way easy? He earned the starting job. I know you're a Trask expert but I'm looking at his traits also and just like Strong, Trask had to earn everything, take it by the horns and lead AND put up numbers and be efficient and careful with the ball.

Trask and Strong have a very strong drive to win and succeed and both climbed the ladder to do so. Both those guys when given their opportunity will flourish in their will and character first and their gifts second. I'm not just looking at measurables which they both posses, and the stats and elite performances to back it up.

IF I'm wrong why was Trask drafted in the second round, not third, not fourth? I'm not wrong. Trask is bigger and already a better QB than anybody on the Panthers roster and would be an immediate improvement.

Think we could get a second round pick for Sam? Lol. 

Strong is better than YOU think. It not a crime. Ease up.

He earned the starting job at Florida, yes. Emory Jones and Franks sucked. But college is not the pros. And you talk about traits? Trask has a tremendously weak arm for the NFL. 

He had elite college talent around him in Toney and Pitts. Hell, Pitts, coming out of college, might be the greatest pass catching TE prospect of all time. He was a cheat code in college. 

Why did Trask get drafted as the last pick of the second round? Because Tampa thought it was worth the risk of having a young QB on the roster on a rookie contract. 

Trask is bigger, but that doesn’t mean he is better. Trask would not have played over Teddy, Cam or even likely Sam. The arm talent just isn’t there and in the NFL that leads to a lot of passes knocked down or picked. 

You have a type but that doesn’t make it right. We could not get a second for Sam right now,  nope. But Trask couldn’t be traded for a second rounder either. The only reason you trade for Trask over Darnold is because of the $$$. But neither guy is an NFL starting QB caliber player. 

You tuned in for like four of Tracks games and Florida and now believe you are onto something. It’s foolish. 

16 minutes ago, Varking said:

He earned the starting job at Florida, yes. Emory Jones and Franks sucked. But college is not the pros. And you talk about traits? Trask has a tremendously weak arm for the NFL. 

He had elite college talent around him in Toney and Pitts. Hell, Pitts, coming out of college, might be the greatest pass catching TE prospect of all time. He was a cheat code in college. 

Why did Trask get drafted as the last pick of the second round? Because Tampa thought it was worth the risk of having a young QB on the roster on a rookie contract. 

Trask is bigger, but that doesn’t mean he is better. Trask would not have played over Teddy, Cam or even likely Sam. The arm talent just isn’t there and in the NFL that leads to a lot of passes knocked down or picked. 

You have a type but that doesn’t make it right. We could not get a second for Sam right now,  nope. But Trask couldn’t be traded for a second rounder either. The only reason you trade for Trask over Darnold is because of the $$$. But neither guy is an NFL starting QB caliber player. 

You tuned in for like four of Tracks games and Florida and now believe you are onto something. It’s foolish. 

Trask long wind up and lack of velocity will never do anything in the nfl.  Some kids can thrive in college but when the rubber meetS the road in the nfl you have to get your poo together.   It’s telling trask couldn’t beat out Blaine fuging gabbert.  Let that sink in

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Trask long wind up and lack of velocity will never do anything in the nfl.  Some kids can thrive in college but when the rubber meetS the road in the nfl you have to get your poo together.   It’s telling trask couldn’t beat out Blaine fuging gabbert.  Let that sink in

Even Arians said if Brady wasn’t back Trask would only be competing with Gabbert for the job. It wasn’t his. And if you are competing for the job with Gabbert, you aren’t a starting NFL QB. Pitts and Toney were borderline uncoverable in college. Look at how Trask looked in the Bowl Game without them. 

7 hours ago, Varking said:

Even Arians said if Brady wasn’t back Trask would only be competing with Gabbert for the job. It wasn’t his. And if you are competing for the job with Gabbert, you aren’t a starting NFL QB. Pitts and Toney were borderline uncoverable in college. Look at how Trask looked in the Bowl Game without them. 

I agree with you about Trask, but in his defence that Florida team was devoid of offensive talent.

9 hours ago, Varking said:

Stop it. Why does he have a job if he doesn't have an arm?

That's a foolish notion. The NFL doesn't just pay you to be big or have a weak arm.

That's your opinion.

You seem to take Trask personally. He's proving you wrong so far.

8 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He did beat Blaine last we heard then Tom Brady unretired.

C'mon guys.

We’re not crowning Kyle as the heir apparent yet, but we feel very fortunate that we got him when we did last year because where he stacks up with quarterbacks in this year’s draft, [and] everybody’s going to have their own opinion, but I feel pretty good about where he stacks up with these quarterbacks," said Licht. "So, I feel like we made a good decision last year"

https://www.si.com/nfl/buccaneers/news/tampa-bay-buccaneers-jason-licht-talks-kyle-trask-tom-brady

Tampa GM happy about where he stacks up with that drafts QBs. Not crying about a "weak arm". Nobody is going to draft somebody in the second round with a "weak arm"

trump fake news GIF

Edited by rippadonn

2 hours ago, rippadonn said:

We’re not crowning Kyle as the heir apparent yet, but we feel very fortunate that we got him when we did last year because where he stacks up with quarterbacks in this year’s draft, [and] everybody’s going to have their own opinion, but I feel pretty good about where he stacks up with these quarterbacks," said Licht. "So, I feel like we made a good decision last year"

https://www.si.com/nfl/buccaneers/news/tampa-bay-buccaneers-jason-licht-talks-kyle-trask-tom-brady

Tampa GM happy about where he stacks up with that drafts QBs. Not crying about a "weak arm". Nobody is going to draft somebody in the second round with a "weak arm"

trump fake news GIF

I take it you just watch the box scores and not the actual games? There are few, if any starters in the NFL who throw with less velocity than Kyle Trask. 

Last year the Bucs could have activated Trask at any point and got him second team reps. Instead, they gave them to Gabbert all year long. Trask couldn’t beat out Gabbert to be the backup. 

2 hours ago, rippadonn said:

trump fake news GIF

Hey remind me what round we got Clausen in.