• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes Vs Coyotes. Canes after dark

Panthers Fan 69

Raanta is starting tonite. I'm hoping he steps up big time knowing this is his opportunity to shine as the season comes to a close.

Pyotr will probably start either the Saturday game again st the Devils or the Sunday game against the Islanders because of the back-to-back. Raanta will then start against the Rangers and probably Pyotr the last game of the season at home against the Devils, depending on what the standings and playoff seedings look like. 

If, for some reason, the NY Rangers don't run away with the Metro and both the division and a higher seed are at stake the last game of the season, then Raanta will start.

In the meantime, Carolina needs to put up 4 goals a game to win, because they've had a serious defensive lapse here lately.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Raanta is starting tonite. I'm hoping he steps up big time knowing this is his opportunity to shine as the season comes to a close.

Pyotr will probably start either the Saturday game again st the Devils or the Sunday game against the Islanders because of the back-to-back. Raanta will then start against the Rangers and probably Pyotr the last game of the season at home against the Devils, depending on what the standings and playoff seedings look like. 

If, for some reason, the NY Rangers don't run away with the Metro and both the division and a higher seed are at stake the last game of the season, then Raanta will start.

In the meantime, Carolina needs to put up 4 goals a game to win, because they've had a serious defensive lapse here lately.

You sound pretty confident. LOL. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

You sound pretty confident. LOL. 

I don't need confidence- the team does, though. And the only way to get that back is to play well and win some games. Even if they lose and play well, the confidence is boosted, although not as much.

The ultimate goal is the Cup, and the playoffs are more important than the next 6 games, but the next 6 games are the confidence builders.

• Pie 1

Just now, Anybodyhome said:

I don't need confidence- the team does, though. And the only way to get that back is to play well and win some games. Even if they lose and play well, the confidence is boosted, although not as much.

The ultimate goal is the Cup, and the playoffs are more important than the next 6 games, but the next 6 games are the confidence builders.

Yeah, but it wouldn't surprise me if this team just turned it on when the Playoffs hit and somehow made a run no one saw coming. Hockey is just different from other sports in regards to that. 

Teams can play like pure ass down the stretch in the NHL. The Playoffs come, and make it to the Cup. Hockey, sometimes makes no sense. 

• Pie 2

Just now, Harbingers said:

Wish they’d start Pyotr tonight instead of Raanta. Arizona is still poo and it’s be great to get him going strong. 

Maybe they're giving him a "break" because he played Saturday? Yeah. I got nothing. 

Raanta sucks so bad right now. This game could be another disaster in the making. 

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Maybe they're giving him a "break" because he played Saturday? Yeah. I got nothing. 

Raanta sucks so bad right now. This game could be another disaster in the making. 

I figure it’s cause we haven’t practiced with him at all and I don’t think he’s already done any work with our coaches. I think throwing him into the fire would help our defense though. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Mexican pizza back at at Taco Bell.. guess I’ll pour a Baja Blast out for Tripp Tracy tonight… #StartPyotrTheGreat

We were taking the elevator up to the restaurant before the Detroit game and Tripp got on with us. I had to give him kudos for the U2 reference he made about "desire" during the Ranger game.

But seriously, how does a guy who looks to be all of about 5'4" play goalie?

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

We were taking the elevator up to the restaurant before the Detroit game and Tripp got on with us. I had to give him kudos for the U2 reference he made about "desire" during the Ranger game.

But seriously, how does a guy who looks to be all of about 5'4" play goalie?

Hahaha Tripp is hilarious. Miss him and John together, they were the best combo in the business.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1