• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker not the only name on the list....

Lurk21

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wish we'd just send a mid-round pick next year to Philly for Minshew and get it over with. Stop this desperation to bet the franchise on a cast off.  Hell, that's what I wanted to do last year. Either trade for Minshew or sign Trubisky. Then I would've still drafted Fields and not felt any pressure to play him too early.

I doubt there is any serious interest in Minshew. We could have had him multiple times and didn't get him, so I suspect we just aren't interested.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I doubt there is any serious interest in Minshew. We could have had him multiple times and didn't get him, so I suspect we just aren't interested.

Probably not. He's actually played serviceable football in the past and should come cheap. We prefer overpaying for straight trash.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Probably not. He's actually played serviceable football in the past and should come cheap. We prefer overpaying for straight trash.

It kind of amazes me that we wouldn't be interested in someone line Minshew just to upgrade our #2 QB(and yes I realize he would be a #1 with out current roster).

That's actually somewhat as perplexing as the lack of ability to find a good #1 QB. Quality backup QB's should be easier to obtain, but we haven't put any effort into that at all.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

It kind of amazes me that we wouldn't be interested in someone line Minshew just to upgrade our #2 QB(and yes I realize he would be a #1 with out current roster).

That's actually somewhat as perplexing as the lack of ability to find a good #1 QB. Quality backup QB's should be easier to obtain, but we haven't put any effort into that at all.

Tepper is too busy buying the equivalent of QB penny stocks for premium prices. 😂

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

WTF. Did I miss that? When did he say that?

Someone had it in one of the Murray threads a while back. I forget where it came from but I remember thinking it was a legit source (Cardinals beat writer from somewhere probably).

And honestly, the fact that he's as physically talented as he is and is arguably the ideal fit for their system (handpicked by the coach) yet the team still isn't sure they wanna commit to him counts as one of those things that make you go "hmmm" 🤔

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Someone had it in one of the Murray threads a while back. I forget where it came from but I remember thinking it was a legit source (Cardinals beat writer from somewhere probably).

And honestly, the fact that he's as physically talented as he is and is arguably the ideal fit for their system (handpicked by the coach) yet the team still isn't sure they wanna commit to him counts as one of those things that make you go "hmmm" 🤔

Red flags flying everywhere. 

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Eh....they also might not be a smart franchise too. There is that.

FYI: Found the comments in question...

The stuff about Murray not watching or "grinding" film come from a New York Times profile. He basically feels he doesn't need to "kill himself" watching film because he can just go out on the field and "see stuff".

Excerpts:

From the start, he has unapologetically refused to conform, either to football doctrine or to the perceptions of how a quarterback should act, look and lead.

Murray does not watch much game film. He tends to hold the ball outstretched when he runs, anathema to every coach who has instructed him not to (to which Murray has said, “When they get close, I’ll tuck it”).

“I think I was blessed with the cognitive skills to just go out there and just see it before it happens,” Murray said. “I’m not one of those guys that’s going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don’t sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much.”

Link: Inside the Mind of Kyler Murray

So essentially, Murray is the smart kid in class who feels like he doesn't need to work all that hard because he's so smart.

Probably worth pointing out that didn't go so well in the playoffs.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1