• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robby Anderson wants Panthers to work out Colin Kaepernick

TheSpecialJuan

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Again, we are talking about a guy that hasn't played football since 2016.

Not to mention, I am pretty sure he is not willing to accept the type deal that most teams would pay, which is veteran minimum.

I tend to believe he doesn't actually have any desire to play in the NFL anymore.

The argument that "he hasn't played since 2016" is a nonstarter. We all know why he didn't play, and most of us should also know that he was worthy of playing in the NFL in some capacity.

As for believing it's all a dog and pony show, that's interesting...but I don't feel that he'd go through the trouble if he in fact didn't want to play anymore. He's already proved his point regarding the inequities and racism in the NFL in my mind (if that's what you're getting at). I think that he just wants another shot to continue his dream. 

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I don't necessarily think that, as a rule, listening to any player when it comes to personnel decisions is the way you wanna go.

Posting things like "fire" and "praying hands" or even a ding here or there on social media is decidedly benign in the grand scheme of things. And like Aggielean said, there was disdain for Robbie on the Huddle before 2021. It's just interesting is all. I can justify ragging on him for his 2021 performance, but I believe there were some mitigating factors if one chooses to be thoughtful as opposed to hateful. Even more, I could argue (and have) that when you look at the entirety of Robby's career, he has done fairly well and has been on the right trajectory, including one of two years here.

Why people hate him so is really over the top in my opinion, and I certainly am not going to rubber stamp the idea that he's getting above his britches or getting out of place because his...level of play doesn't justify it. I certainly don't believe that that's an appropriate or politically correct gauge to determine Robby's right to freedom of expression (especially for things that could possibly have a direct impact upon his career).

I'm not big on listening to players opinions on personnel decisions either.

As for Robby, all I can say for certain is my own opinion of him was way more positive last year. When he got the contract he did, I raised an eyebrow but didn't scream about it.

Then he started dropping passed and welp... 😕

• Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not big on listening to players opinions on personnel decisions either.

As for Robby, all I can say for certain is my own opinion of him was way more positive last year. When he got the contract he did, I raised an eyebrow but didn't scream about it.

Then he started dropping passed and welp... 😕

Can't faut you for that. He has something to prove this season or the raising of eyebrows will turn into more of what we're getting from many Huddlers now, and it will probably be fully justifiable.

22 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The argument that "he hasn't played since 2016" is a nonstarter. We all know why he didn't play, and most of us should also know that he was worthy of playing in the NFL in some capacity.

As for believing it's all a dog and pony show, that's interesting...but I don't feel that he'd go through the trouble if he in fact didn't want to play anymore. He's already proved his point regarding the inequities and racism in the NFL in my mind (if that's what you're getting at). I think that he just wants another shot to continue his dream. 

He also said the NFL was comparable to “slavery” and now he wants back in. Dude is a 🤡.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

He also said the NFL was comparable to “slavery” and now he wants back in. Dude is a 🤡.

I don't believe that his meaning was literal as opposed to meaning that there are some elements that are reflective of slavery from some perspectives. He's hardly the first person that's ever suggested that. People shouldn't be so literal all the time.

• Poo 1

5 hours ago, Peppers90 NC said:

That butt of yours still hurt’n from being wrong all those times.

I'm unclear about what you are referencing 🤔

5 hours ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Should we just call you emoji-boy?

You new around here?

Son, you're gonna need to get in line to "call" me things...and it's a long line, will be a good while before your turn comes up 👊🤣

6 hours ago, AggieLean said:

It’s not our “in over his head” coach or having the worst starting QB in the league that’s running fans off?

Its Robby, and his recent posts on social media? lol

Alot of y’all have hated Robby, and it was long before this. His “sideshow bob” nickname was created long before his social media mishaps and his bad last season. Robby’s just the east target, and I can’t understand why

Rhule and Sam also suck. That does not stop Robby from sucking as well but running off at the mouth like an elite WR.  Robby is an afterthought, teams can put their #2 CB on Robby and lock him down, he is a nobody. 

I did not like Robby before he came here, i tried to like him when he got here, but he makes it near impossible. 

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

Rhule and Sam also suck. That does not stop Robby from sucking as well but running off at the mouth like an elite WR.  Robby is an afterthought, teams can put their #2 CB on Robby and lock him down, he is a nobody. 

I did not like Robby before he came here, i tried to like him when he got here, but he makes it near impossible. 

But you didn’t answer my question. So, it’s Robby Anderson driving fans away, and not our sorry coach and the worst starting QB of the league? 

Why did you not like Robby before? 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

But you didn’t answer my question. So, it’s Robby Anderson driving fans away, and not our sorry coach and the worst starting QB of the league? 

Why did you not like Robby before? 

He roasted us in a game and was begging for PB votes on the sideline. 

Robby is just adding on to Rhule and Sam, we are already a laughingstock without overpaid Robby making it worse by suggesting we work out QBs like Kaepernick. 

We already had Cam which is a much better version of Kaep. He just needs to stop with the social media and go to work. 

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

After Harbaugh left he fell apart. He wasn’t that good to begin with. He, infamously, couldn’t read defenses well and was a single read QB. 
Kap had the perfect situation with the coach and team, kinda like Jimmy G., to make the most of what he was and to hide his weaknesses. 
If he wants to be back in the NFL he may have to settle for a backup role. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan

5 hours ago, Green-Ghost said:

I personally think that Colin is probably sincere and he will keep politics off the playing field.

No chance.  

Look no further than his beat friend forever Eric Reid who took every chance possible to interject "politics" into/onto the dialogue/locker-room/field during his time with the Panthers...

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

No chance.  

Look no further than his beat friend forever Eric Reid who took every chance possible to interject "politics" into/onto the dialogue/locker-room/field during his time with the Panthers...

Agreed. Dude is straight up a race baiter.  He doesn't want to be a QB in the League, he just wants the platform the NFL would provide him to peddle his nonsense.

• Beer 1