• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norris on Panthers 1st round plans

TheSpecialJuan

37 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If this crew goes with Mayfield or Jimmy G and fails again, they all need to go. Fitterer included. Clean the whole house.

It'd mean Rhule won the debate.

Scott Fitterer pretty clearly wants to draft a rookie and build around him.

Matt Rhule doesn't have time for that.

Edited by Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It also means Tepper sided with Rhule. If he still thinks Rhule needs to be piloting this ship then he must not think much of Fitts.

I'd view Tepper not liking somebody as a pretty solid endorsement.

Technically though, Rhule does still have final say.

Edited by Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Trade down to acquire more draft capital. Take a QB later in the 1st.

I don't think this QB class is as bad as folks are saying or that this OT class is as special as they are saying. Everything draft related seems to get hugely exaggerated.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. If you take Lawrence out of last year's class, it really wasn't all that great.

Trey Lance practically red-shirted the season so he's a huge question mark and gets a pass. Wilson, Fields, and Jones (the best of the last 3 in terms of production) did nothing to make me think we crippled the franchise for the rest of the decade by passing on them. 

Next to QB, LT is arguably the position with the biggest "bust potential" in terms of the draft. How many times have we seen highly touted LT's quickly flame out in the NFL or get "moved to guard" because they can't hold up on the outside? But, the pundits would have you believe that 5 or 6 of the LT's in this draft will be perennial Pro Bowlers.

I like the excitement of the draft as much as the next guy, but yeah, there is too much hype surrounding it these days. I wish the league hadn't moved it further back in April. 

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

someone will trade up for a LT or a pass rusher. 

3 LTs could have top 10 grades (Ickey, Neal, Cross)

3 DEs could have top 10 grades (Walker, Thibodeaux, Hutchinson)

So if a QB, WR, CB, or S is drafted in the top 5, there is a major stud there for a trade....Gonna happen, folks--that is why we are taking such a close look at the top 5 qbs...

The buzz about Travon Walker going No. 1 to the #Jaguars is very real. Have heard from a GM and a couple of scouts who love his athleticism and think he's who Jacksonville is zeroing in on. #NFL

• Beer 1

Just now, Basbear said:
The buzz about Travon Walker going No. 1 to the #Jaguars is very real. Have heard from a GM and a couple of scouts who love his athleticism and think he's who Jacksonville is zeroing in on. #NFL

This has been going in for awhile and Jacksonvilles Gm is definitely  the guy to make that move. This changes the draft board tremendously  and  a guy like Neal or Hutchinson  could slide if Detroit goes Qb 

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Trade down to acquire more draft capital. Take a QB later in the 1st.

I don't think this QB class is as bad as folks are saying or that this OT class is as special as they are saying. Everything draft related seems to get hugely exaggerated.

I agree with you

50 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Both are better QB's than any draftable qb's in this years draft. You have to realize just how bad this QB class really is

It's nearly impossible to tell since none of these rookie have even taken a snap in the NFL.  We know that Jimmy G and Baker aren't the answer though as their teams are willing to part with them.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

It's nearly impossible to tell since none of these rookie have even taken a snap in the NFL.  We know that Jimmy G and Baker aren't the answer though as their teams are willing to part with them.

Jimmy G is perpetually hurt and will not be ready for training camp.  How the fug does a qb like him help? 

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They are 0/2 doing it Rhule's way.  I don't see why trying a 3rd time is going to change anything.  The only way it makes any sense to me remotely is if they get Jimmy G for cheap AND draft a rookie to sit behind him for a portion of the season which is still wasting cap space/draft picks....

5 minutes ago, Lurk21 said:

This has been going in for awhile and Jacksonvilles Gm is definitely  the guy to make that move. This changes the draft board tremendously  and  a guy like Neal or Hutchinson  could slide if Detroit goes Qb 

Walker does change the draft, Ive heard if jags pass, lions are all over him...heard the same about texans. His agent is doing a great job, but I do believe hes going before 6. I just hope some team is dumb enough to draft a QB before 6 as well....that would greatly help the Inky/Neal fall. 

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rhule's best realistic shot of getting a 4th year is probably showing improvement as a team with a promising rookie QB. Win 7-8 games with a promising rookie QB on a team that improves down the stretch and competed and I could see him getting a 4th year.