• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thinking of renting MW 2, don't have online...

thefuzz

I was in the same boat as you fuzz. I don't have high speed internet service in my area so as a consequence of that I don't buy games that lean on MP. Thanks to searching the internet and finding a way to go online using my Palm Pre as a modem I can now get on Xbox Live. So I bought MW2. What I will tell you is that had I not been able to get on Xbox Live, this would be a rent for me. It's a great game, but the single player campaign is short. It does have the Special Ops which are kind of like scenarios that you can play through and that does improve the overall offering for single players. But for 60 bucks, I'd want a little longer single player experience if I were relying on that.

It is a great game though, either way.

The single player is short but all so sweet, I went through it on regular in 4 1/2 hours currently workingon veteran.

Do you recommend starting on Veteran rather than regular.

I beat MW 1 in about 4 hours on regular last time, and would rather have a bit more of a challenge.

Do you recommend starting on Veteran rather than regular.

I beat MW 1 in about 4 hours on regular last time, and would rather have a bit more of a challenge.

I don't know, if you've played the others on veteran then yes but if not going through on regular or at least hardcore first would be recommended.

And yes veteran will be more challenging, when the game mentions that you will not survive they aren't joking, you will die..... A lot.

LOL...yeah that camera is wicked at times.

I get pretty sick in cars, and also on planes during turbulance....and every now and again playing games...it wasn't a shock seeing as I was totally "into it" and not taking breaks.

Took me about 2 hours to not feel like I was about to blow chunks.:D

The oil rig mission is the one that took me down....

Archived