• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer on trading out of the #6 pick

TheSpecialJuan

On 4/9/2022 at 10:56 AM, CPF4LIFE said:

Every mock draft i do i trade back. When i stay and take someone at 6 it just doesnt feel like a win and there is no one at Qb available. Not picking again till the 4th is gonna suck.

Same. Doing a mock makes you realize that if we make a pick at #6 we essentially have a one player draft. One hopeful stud and a bunch of long shots.

The bulk of rosters are built with mid-round draft picks and having no second day picks really puts us behind the eight ball.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Jackson is inconsistent for sure, but he has played at a MUCH higher level than CJ Henderson. Henderson has looked like a flat out bust through two seasons. He's basically Darnold at CB. Pure trash for the most part but every now and then he'll make a play that flashes his talent, but it's likely fool's gold in that pan.

Wow - very bold to call him a bust after playing 13 total games when he has been a solid contributor at times when on the field.  He’s 23 with limited experience.  I’ll bet he outplays Jackson this season.  

Edited by Smithers

3 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Wow - very bold to call him a bust after playing 13 total games when he has been a solid contributor at times when on the field.  He’s 23 with limited experience.  I’ll bet he outplays Jackson this season.  

He is a top 10 pick that so far hasnt shown he is any thing close to a startable corner in the NFL.  In fact you can argue he is a liability on the field.

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

Wow - very bold to call him a bust when he has been a solid contributor on the field.  He’s 23. I’ll bet he outplays Jackson this season.  

I still think Henderson has some potential, but the fact that we gave Jackson that contract shows our staff isn’t as confident. If they were they would roll with Horn and Henderson as out starting outside CBs and add some cheap vets to step in just in case. Jackson is a little streaky, but having Horn back should let him slide over the the #2 role or line up against the speedy WRs. 

11 minutes ago, Smithers said:

We have very different definitions of "solid". He was terrible last year.

When you're a former top 10 pick traded a year later for a 3rd you ARE a bust. We're trying to rehab him but year one of rehab resulted in quite the relapse.

Until proven otherwise Henderson is the same as he was in Jacksonville. So for those keeping score we've been rolled over by the Jets and the Jags in two boneheaded trades. What logical person would look at that and say anyone in this regime is doing great?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Until proven otherwise Henderson is the same as he was in Jacksonville. So for those keeping score we've been rolled over by the Jets and the Jags in two boneheaded trades. What logical person would look at that and say anyone in this regime is doing great?

Raiders fleeced us as well

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Raiders fleeced us as well

Ah yes the linebacker who didn't "fit in" with our culture while we hyped up Jermaine Carter. You need a good sense of humor to be a Panthers fan these days.

Edited by frankw

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Every mock draft i do i trade back. When i stay and take someone at 6 it just doesnt feel like a win and there is no one at Qb available. Not picking again till the 4th is gonna suck.

My bud is having a two day draft BBQ at his house with pool, outside kitchen etc.

Told em I’ll be there for the first 20 mins.

I can’t even enjoy draft day/weekend anymore.

17 hours ago, CashNewton22 said:

Trading back is definitely the move. I’m hoping the Jets and Vikings fall in love with Sauce Gardner (I’ve heard both orgs love him and the jets might even take him at 4) and are offering competing offers to jump the giants. We could get the jets 10 and one of their 2nd (one was actually ours smh) and still get an outstanding player.

This would be a good move. Get a LT in the first & get your QB in the second. The QBs will fall. 

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, Shocker said:

So if Neal, Cross and Ikey are gone what then?  You are not as smart a person as Matt Rhule so I will leave coaching to him.  Easy to sit behind a computer and question everyone when you aren’t vested.

Lol no way all 3 tackles are gone