• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you put it past Tepper to move the team?

Jmac

6 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

You spent far more time searching for these gifs than I did to simply prove my point in the beginning. But yes, that gif signifying your presence on the Huddle was appreciated.

are you aware there’s a GIF button built right into the response form? two clicks, done.

falling over the big bang theory GIF

but you’re right, i probably have spent more time laughing at the various options than anything else.

what point are you trying to prove, exactly? that you wrote a post 6 months ago? no one is refuting that. i never said you didn’t write a post, nor that your prognostication abilities are borderline genius. no one cares enough to try to refute that. no one gives a poo. by continuing to try to prove how smart you are, you’re also continuing to prove my point that it’s all just attention whoring.

31 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

are you aware there’s a GIF button built right into the response form? two clicks, done.

falling over the big bang theory GIF

but you’re right, i probably have spent more time laughing at the various options than anything else.

what point are you trying to prove, exactly? that you wrote a post 6 months ago? no one is refuting that. i never said you didn’t write a post, nor that your prognostication abilities are borderline genius. no one cares enough to try to refute that. no one gives a poo. by continuing to try to prove how smart you are, you’re also continuing to prove my point that it’s all just attention whoring.

I'm not continuing to do anything but point out your considerable hypocrisy in criticizing me and then proceeding to spend countless posts telling me you don't care.

23 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Does he move the soccer team too?

Does he make it a nice package deal for a city like San Antonio that already has an indoor stadium (Alamodome)?

3/4 of the owners have to approve a team relocating. It could always happen, but I think he knows he will make money here if he puts a quality product on the field. Do you think Jerry Jones will approve the Panthers moving to San Antonio?
 I think he is trying hard to make the Panthers competitive. He has made some missteps, there is a learning curve to ownership like there is coaching. If he has not fired Rhule because of the $ to buy him out, I don’t think he wants to incur the expense of moving a franchise right now. (Or 2 franchises) After all the bluster of the Rock Hill situation is resolved (It will get resolved) and the draft the conversation will change. It is a slow time of the year. 

I don't think he'll want to move the team and I don't think the owners will vote in his favor if he did ... however, as long as he'd choose a city that could make just as much profit as the Carolinas did it's a very doable situation. Just don't think it'll happen though. Owners care about money, not respect for an area. They, other than maybe the NFCS owners, couldn't give a rat's ass if the Carolinas had a team. They care that that the 32 make money. Period. If Tepper could convince them that the (insert city here) Panthers would make just as much if not more ... then they'd consider it. But again, I don't see it ever getting to that point. Charlotte will cave to his demands, tax payers will whine and cry that they have to foot some of the bill, and the team will continue to suck but this time in a shiny new arena.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I don't think he'll want to move the team and I don't think the owners will vote in his favor if he did ... however, as long as he'd choose a city that could make just as much profit as the Carolinas did it's a very doable situation. Just don't think it'll happen though. Owners care about money, not respect for an area. They, other than maybe the NFCS owners, couldn't give a rat's ass if the Carolinas had a team. They care that that the 32 make money. Period. If Tepper could convince them that the (insert city here) Panthers would make just as much if not more ... then they'd consider it. But again, I don't see it ever getting to that point. Charlotte will cave to his demands, tax payers will whine and cry that they have to foot some of the bill, and the team will continue to suck but this time in a shiny new arena.

I'm honestly not sure if public sentiment would go getting fleeced for a new stadium from a team still struggling to win five or six games.