• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you put it past Tepper to move the team?

Jmac

14 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

that’s a good word to describe how much everyone but you cares. gifs are funny, and since you asked:

poop GIF

You spent far more time searching for these gifs than I did to simply prove my point in the beginning. But yes, that gif signifying your presence on the Huddle was appreciated.

He could move if he wanted but if he keeps putting garbage out there he will suffer the same fate wherever he goes.

But from the looks of it that doesn’t seem to really matter to him, it’d be more about financial handouts from wherever he went. That is priority.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

He could move if he wanted but if he keeps putting garbage out there he will suffer the same fate wherever he goes.

But from the looks of it that doesn’t seem to really matter to him, it’d be more about financial handouts from wherever he went. That is priority.

Agreed. On a side note, disgruntled owners may be running out of cities to run/threaten to move to.

• Pie 1

Not saying it's impossible for Tepper to move The Panthers but it would be a very daunting task for him to do so. And I don't think that he is even thinking about moving. He is making a boat load of money right now. The team is worth $600 million more than when he initially bought it. $2.3 billion to $2.9 billion.

20 hours ago, Jmac said:

He has no connections to this area as far as I can tell. I don't believe there is any stipulation in buying the team in which he couldn't relocate in the future. I know all the bullcrap about the soccer league, but is that enough to keep him here?

Now having trouble with the new practice facility and probably wanting a new stadium down the road (probably looking for city/state funds to help fund it). Getting chewed a new ass by the fan base and media here....do you all trust that he wouldnt pull the plug on Charlotte and just GTFO?

he just started a soccer team.

Gut check says he'd be better off staying put given the lack of upgrade markets willing and available.  Plus with the soccer team here, he gets a fresh round of stadium income that he most likely would not get elsewhere anytime soon.  

Though it's seemingly clear that he'll go hard in pressuring the locals for either massive upgrades or a new stadium in Charlotte.  The locals should start gathering some firepower to counter his requests.  Get experienced consultants and lawyers that are willing to go up against Tepper and his network, not some patsy firm that's playing the jobber role.