• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rockhill site going south fast it seems.

Big Sexy

9 hours ago, Malt Liquor said:

And the majority of those people are cowboy fans. It would be a major disaster if another NFL team moved to Texas. Ain't nobody going to those games unless that new team is playing the cowboys.

No they aren’t. The majority are quickly becoming people from out of the region or state entirely. 

• The D 1

10 hours ago, Tbe said:

Unless he goes overseas, he’s not going anywhere. These days, Charlotte is a bigger media market that Pittsburg and Baltimore. There isn’t a larger market left  without a team.

You are correct. The NFL media market is not the same as the local Charlotte media market. In fact it is larger and our current market is in the top ten in the NFL. All of the other NFL media markets already have teams and a few are saturated with two teams in their markets. Doubtful  that he would move unless it is international out to a smaller market.

Also in regards to the idea or belief that he is not going to pay. He will pay and 10 days ago has offered to pay the entire cost upfront with Rock Hill paying him back. This seems to me that he is just considering his options and waiting to see if something else happens that makes the deal sweeter.

Edited by Monrowed
  • Pie 2

I want to know how to get in the con of being rich AF but getting other people to pay for what I want. 

225m is nothing to Tepper and he is acting like a little bitch about it. He could pay it and not blink an eye. This team has went to poo since he bought it. 

• Poo 1

6 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

You are correct. The NFL media market is not the same as the local Charlotte media market. In fact it is larger and our current market is in the top ten in the NFL. All of the other NFL media markets already have teams and a few are saturated with two teams in their markets. Doubtful  that he would move unless it is international out to a smaller market.

The Charlotte media market is #22 in the U.S. There's a reason why the team is called labeled "Carolina" and not "Charlotte" and why the the pushes the whole two states thing so hard. The Charlotte market isn't big enough to carry a team. You need the broader region.

• Pie 1

Ouch...zing!

Separately on Tuesday, Climer ripped Tepper in comments to the Charlotte Business Journal.

“The bottom line is that our community deserves answers,” Climer said. “The city, the county, the state and the Panthers worked together constructively for a considerable period of time at great effort to bring to Rock Hill a world-class sports entertainment center. David Tepper came to Rock Hill promising us Jerry Jones and ever since then he’s given us Dan Snyder.

I live in Rock Hill, but I'm also a Charlotte native.  I grew up near UNCC, so a lot of my childhood was zipping around Charlotte.

Upper York County is part of Charlotte-Metro (Fort Mill, Rock Hill, Lancaster).  Playing the SC v. NC thing doesn't make sense, it's "Us" now.  Also the perception that SC residents are a bunch of country bumpkins doesn't make sense either.  There is a lot of wealth that has moved into York County from New England and Midwest.  Everyday, I see a New York plate.  Home values have skyrocketed.  Land is getting harder to find.  Residential zoning is sprawling.

Anyway, the construction down there is balls deep.  I drive by there all the time.  They have already worked on the new interstate exit, acres and acres of land has been cleared.  Construction is well underway.  It'd be an absolute shame for ALL of us Panther fans (regardless of your physical location) to see this just end.

Edited by MickMixon'sMetaphors
  • Pie 3

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Charlotte media market is #22 in the U.S. There's a reason why the team is called labeled "Carolina" and not "Charlotte" and why the the pushes the whole two states thing so hard. The Charlotte market isn't big enough to carry a team. You need the broader region.

Indianapolis is 25th

Pittsburgh is 26th

Baltimore is 28th

Kansas city is 34th

Cincinnati is 36th

Vegas is 40th.

New Orleans is 50th.

Buffalo is 53rd.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2