• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How dangerous is Willis as a runner? What makes him special?

micnificent28

1 minute ago, micnificent28 said:

If you want to be a hater... yeah sure.... shatter away.

Nice.  So when Willis is sucking it up this season...even if he sees the field at all (no matter whose jersey he dons) the 'I told you so wagon' will get paraded out.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

What round do they think this guy could be had in? Both his stats and your post has me interested now as well

He's THE steal. Even at #6. Look at what he's done. 2 years at 70% completion percentage. That's hard to do. Willis, Pickett haven't scratched 70%completion percentage. Big arm, super accurate. Surgery is a year behind him. He played last season.

• Pie 1

Just now, rippadonn said:

He's THE steal. Even at #6. Look at what he's done. 2 years at 70% completion percentage. That's hard to do. Willis, Pickett haven't scratched 70%completion percentage. Big arm, super accurate. Surgery is a year behind him. He played last season.

I may have you mixed up with someone else, but weren't you singing this same type of tune about Kyle Trask this time last year?

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Nice.  So when Willis is sucking it up this season...even if he sees the field at all (no matter whose jersey he dons) the 'I told you so wagon' will get paraded out.

I'm here year round. Been on the huddle since 2009. First rounders play period these days. UNLESS your a playoff team like the 49ers or packers who can afford to sit a young qb. Which is of course what you want to do if you have time but teams picking in the top 10 rarely do... and rarely do they have Jimmy G or Arron Rodgers ahead of them. He will play even if it's packages..

8 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He does sound very interesting the more I read on him. Definitely sounds as if he has great potential to develop into something very good at QB

3 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

He does sound very interesting the more I read on him. Definitely sounds as if he has great potential to develop into something very good at QB

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

I feel like me and Ricky Spanish have been screaming from a mountain top.

That arm is special.

21 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

We all get it Mic you have a man crush on Willis.... just see were the cards fall I for one wouldn't want any QB drafted to be coached by Rhule at this point.

Your right. I do. And people seem to laugh at me for feeling that way. So I'm painting the picture why I feel that way. Do I think he's a better prospect than say Lawrence? Not close. But I think he does give you a floor as a rookie. 

It's going to take some time to figure it out in the passing game. If you have a strong defense you can lean on his rushing ability to generation some easy offense and win with your defense. Rhule wants to be a rushing team anyway. It would be no different than what we did with cam when we were the leagues number 1 rushing attack and won on defense.

Edited by micnificent28
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

I feel like me and Ricky Spanish have been screaming from a mountain top.

That arm is special.

He has a very strong arm but he is what you would get if Zach Wilson couldn't move at all. And behind our offensive line he is going to have to move a lot. People knock Willis and Lance for playing nobodies but Strong has basically played nobody for three seasons. 

In 2019 he played one team that was ranked and it was Oregon and he went 13 of 25 for 82 yards, 0 touchdowns and 2 picks. 

The rest of his three seasons he played? No games against real competition. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

He has a very strong arm but he is what you would get if Zach Wilson couldn't move at all. And behind our offensive line he is going to have to move a lot. People knock Willis and Lance for playing nobodies but Strong has basically played nobody for three seasons. 

In 2019 he played one team that was ranked and it was Oregon and he went 13 of 25 for 82 yards, 0 touchdowns and 2 picks. 

The rest of his three seasons he played? No games against real competition. 

Not to mention he came out of the senior bowl looking on par or worse than Zappie. I think he is the only qb who actually hurt his stock competing in the senior bowl.

Edited by micnificent28
  • Beer 1