• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke / UNC game thread

Zod

2 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Look if yall wanna have a city vs city debate go to the general discussion board right now this all about them heels

College Basketball GIF by UNC Tar Heels

start a Kansas vs UNC thread fr

This has somehow devolved into one guy who lives in the woods spouting uninformed opinion as fact based on views from the interstate. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Jesus did they really do that?

K really turned Duke into a classless crew!

Many Moons ago the duke fans would cuss out the opposing team/player/coaches using some of most dirty language known to man. Shocked the TV didnt pick it up, they had to edit it out. Ive been to 3 games at K court, even some of the poorest HS had better gyms. That was the most shocking deal to me.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

start a Kansas vs UNC thread fr

This has somehow devolved into one guy who lives in the woods spouting uninformed opinion as fact based on views from the interstate. 

At me next time once you make it out of your crime stricken city and I lived in the triangle longer than you’ve probably been alive. Just because I have a different opinion than you doesn’t make it wrong or right you don’t have to get all upset about what I think of Durham… I don’t give too shits about what you think about Asheville or any other city in the world.

Sensitivity is at an all time high.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Poo 1

Who cares if Duke didn’t shake hands… player’s shaking hands is the most ridiculous thing in sports along with the national anthem.

NBA players only shake hands when they feel like it but aren’t required, NHL players only do it after a seven game series of punching each other in the mouth, soccer players only do it when they feel like it… coaches should shake hands because at that moment they are the highest representative of the organization that is available…. Players, who gives a poo.

I hate Duke as much as the next person but I don’t give a poo if they don’t shake hands.

6 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Yep, I wouldn’t be surprised if Love has a long pro career with that natural scoring ability. See a lot of Terry Rozier in his game, with better defense.

I was thinking the same thing.  Hopefully, Love hangs around another year and develops even more.  This comment also got me thinking about Leaky Black.  You don't hear much scoring from him but he is on the court full time playing solid defense.  That shouldn't be overlooked and if he can limit one of Kansas's stars to minimal points Carolina has a great chance of winning on Monday.  

I think that is what sets UNC aside from many other programs.  They teach full fundamental of basketball.  Not only scoring but playing tough defense.  Those traits go a long way for a Pro prospect.

How many draft picks drift into obscurity because they just can't play defense. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Who cares if Duke didn’t shake hands… player’s shaking hands is the most ridiculous thing in sports along with the national anthem.

NBA players only shake hands when they feel like it but aren’t required, NHL players only do it after a seven game series of punching each other in the mouth, soccer players only do it when they feel like it… coaches should shake hands because at that moment they are the highest representative of the organization that is available…. Players, who gives a poo.

I hate Duke as much as the next person but I don’t give a poo if they don’t shake hands.

It's a tradition in college basketball and only sore losers disrespect the tradition.  Duke has always been sore losers.  Duke didn't seem to have an issue with it when they won their region.