• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Orlovsky: Pickett doesn’t have anything that isn’t coachable

Dorian Gray

4 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Joe Burrow was the number 1 overall pick and almost unanimous by all. Obviously something was special about him to be labeled the best period.

When they talk about QB not having any “elite” physical traits he would be one just like Brady. They make up for it with competitiveness, living in the film room, and staying calm under pressure. My point was it’s dumb to write off a prospect like Pickett because he doesn’t have any “elite” physical traits. He has shown he can play the position at a high level. 

• Pie 1

Why did it take him FIVE years instead of 2,3 or 4?

Look back at his four year stat line. That's why.

People are too quick to be happy about Pickett's ONE good not great year.

I think the media is setting up a certain someone for failure. Trolling the new guy because he wants to draft an average QB from Pitt so he can high five the folks about it when he goes back to the hometown.

Like I've said, I've never seen a fifth year player get drafted QB1 yet all the media hype is behind this guy yet the data doesn't support his elevated position. 

The other owners are gonna laugh at this guy, again. This has to be a troll job.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 2

23 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Why did it take him FIVE years instead of 2,3 or 4?

Look back at his four year stat line. That's why.

People are too quick to be happy about Pickett's ONE [B]good not great year.[B]

I think the media is setting up a certain someone for failure. Trolling the new guy because he wants to draft an average QB from Pitt so he can high five the folks about it when he goes back to the hometown.

Like I've said, I've never seen a fifth year player get drafted QB1 yet all the media hype is behind this guy yet the data doesn't support his elevated position. 

The other owners are gonna laugh at this guy, again. This has to be a troll job.

Most TDs in a season in acc history. 5th in yards for a season. 300 yards out of the #1 spot, isn't great? 

What numbers would he had too have put up, to have, what you would consider a "great" season???

Edited by La Pantera

41 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

Most TDs in a season in acc history. 5th in yards for a season. 300 yards out of the #1 spot, isn't great? 

What numbers would he had too have put up, to have, what you would consider a "great" season???

How come the last two seasons were 13 TDs? The completion percentage this year iirc 67% was his best in 5 years by far. Why did he get so serious in year five?

What about his game that took FIVE years of college football can he elevate when the competition is tougher than the future accountants and salesman he took five years to figure out?

Corral had a 72%completion season and averaged close to that his previous seasons and has a liver delivery.

Carson Stong had two consecutive years at 70% completion 

Why is Pickett better than those two? Running? You've got to be really tough to run in the NFL.

Those other two are accurate and have sustained accuracy over consecutive seasons and more TDs in consecutive seasons. They've QB better for longer, Pickett was average until this magical 5th year.

I've seen unnatural spikes on graphs, some recently. I'm calling BS.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, rippadonn said:

How come the last two seasons were 13 TDs? The completion percentage this year iirc 67% was his best in 5 years by far. Why did he get so serious in year five?

What about his game that took FIVE years of college football can he elevate when the competition is tougher than the future accountants and salesman he took five years to figure out?

Corral had a 72%completion season and averaged close to that his previous seasons and has a liver delivery.

Why is Pickett better than those two? Running? You've got to be really tough to run in the NFL.

Those other two are accurate and have sustained accuracy over consecutive seasons and more TDs in consecutive seasons. They've QB better for longer, Pickett was average until this magical 5th year.

All that and you didn't answer the question.. You said he didn't have a great season. Only a good one. 

What would it have took for you to consider it a great season???

1 minute ago, Zod said:

He is a better athlete than he is getting credit for.

This is accurate.

Also I'm not banging the table for him, but people are dismissing one of the best ACC QB seasons of all time.

You can question why it took 5 years. You can't question that it was a great season on his part.

6 hours ago, rippadonn said:

He played hurt the previous year. That’s one of the reasons he said he came back. He knew he could play at a much higher level healthy and guess what?? He was right..  

Unless something  happens via trading for a vet Qb or signing one after cut, the key will be the individual meetings.  I think they will put Willi, Corral and Pickett through a rigorous  whiteboard meeting and get a feel of the direction  they want to go. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, La Pantera said:

All that and you didn't answer the question.. You said he didn't have a great season. Only a good one. 

What would it have took for you to consider it a great season???

FWIW all but one team they faced (Clemson) ACC fielded some of the worst defenses in their tier of football last year and their non-conference was the same (bottom third), with UMASS giving up the most per game of any team.

To be fair, they did score 20 offensive pts against Clemson (the 2nd best scoring defense last year) but they didn't play NC State or BC, the 2nd and 3rd best ACC scoring defenses either. The rest of the ACC they faced were 54th or worse in ots allowed.

I say this as someone in Big 12 territory who has seen offense year in and year out from players not mean much since it's typically defense-optional. The lack of consistency and big year only against weaker competition may be a flag compared to someone like Burrow, who also only had 1 year but did it against the best competition.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

If we do draft him, he better not try that fake slide stuff. I gave him an 'A' for creativity, but he's going to wind up with a target on his helmet if he tries it much. 

I recognize it might just be me and my defensive inclination but that play really irritated me. Even if it wasn't technically illegal it was still a blatant exploitation of the rule and kind of a b**** move. I would've liked to see a flag thrown on the play for an obviously unsportsmanlike act (abuse of the rule) and/or him get lit up on a slide later in the game but it is what it is and the NCAA closed the loophole thereafter.

Edited by KSpan