• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Walker vs Malik Willis

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because of Dwayne Haskins. Say what you will about his disastrous NFL career, but dude put up video game stats in college. 

Yes I know I'm just using that guys argument. Joe burrow is miles better than Haskins just like cam was a better qb than The Golden Calf of Bristol. Sometimes the situation dictates if your going to play... a decent qb who is already proven and a senior ahead of you doesn't mean he's a better qb at all. In which case you better off transfer to play.

I'm answering his question if Willis was so good why did he leave Auburn and couldn't win the starting job.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

40 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, he looks like a pretty fast guy against guys who couldn't play D1 football. Vick and Lamar made high level D1 players look like they were running in wet concrete. They looked like easily the fastest guy on the field every Saturday. Those guys made really fast guys looks slow.

His speed looked as advertised based on his big run in the senior bowl..

4 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Who really cares man... stop scouting the comp and look at the traits. You look for things that translate at the pro level. If people thought like you would Josh Allen have went where he did? And looked good enough to have trey Lance follow right behind him? These guys are coming from basically 2a ball but they have the traits that translate. Stuff you can't teach. You could also make the argument he didn't put up better numbers because his team sucked.

Yes Josh Allen is most certainly the norm for NFL qb's. 

The traits I see for Willis is an inaccurate, run first qb that likes to move outside the pocket to try and make things happen either by his legs or throwing on the move.  The NFL is not there yet, its still a pocket passer league. 

• Flames 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yes Josh Allen is most certainly the norm for NFL qb's. 

The traits I see for Willis is an inaccurate, run first qb that likes to move outside the pocket to try and make things happen either by his legs or throwing on the move.  The NFL is not there yet, its still a pocket passer league. 

Bro.. news flash.. the age of the pure pocket passer is over... go look at the top qbs in the league most of them have some kind of movement ability. And having the ability to run doesn't mean that's all you can do. Having more ways to attack a problem is always better than oh I hope this happens.. 

Every top qb draft in the last I would say 8 years has run atleast a 4.7 or so... the college ranks just aren't pumping out Tom Bradys or Payton mannings anymore. You have the occasional Mac Jones but it's now the outliner instead of the main show. Pocket passers also fail at the next level so it's not just because a guy can run he won't be successful.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 3

8 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Yes I know I'm just using that guys argument. Joe burrow is miles better than Haskins just like cam was a better qb than The Golden Calf of Bristol. Sometimes the situation dictates if your going to play... a decent qb who is already proven and a senior ahead of you doesn't mean he's a better qb at all. In which case you better off transfer to play.

I'm answering his question if Willis was so good why did he leave Auburn and couldn't win the starting job.

The guys at Auburn were far from Dwayne Haskins though.

3 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Bro.. news flash.. the age of the pure pocket passer is over... go look at the top qbs in the league most of them have some kind of movement ability. And having the ability to run doesn't mean that's all you can do. Having more ways to attack a problem is always better than oh I hope this happens.. 

Every top qb draft in the last I would say 8 years has run atleast a 4.7 or so... the college ranks just aren't pumping out Tom Bradys or Payton mannings anymore. You have the occasional Mac Jones but it's now the outliner instead of the main show. Pocket passers also fail at the next level so it's not just because a guy can run he won't be successful.

The problem with this argument is almost every top qb in this draft besides Strong falls into this category basically. 

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The guys at Auburn were far from Dwayne Haskins though.

Bo nix was a highly regarded and touted 5 star recruit. He is going to be afforded all the life lines and mistakes any first round pick for a NFL team would male because of the investment, but at the college level. Willis was a athlete and was moved around wasn't even sure to play qb I think he was thought of as a corner.

Screenshot_20220330-172045_Chrome.jpg

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

When is the last time a pocket passer didn’t win the super bowl?

Edited by mrcompletely11

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

When is the last time a pocket passer didn’t win a super bowl?

Ask yourself that after Brady retires... pocket passer have won the last few basically on the strength of him alone. He's the goat. But what's left is Lamar jackson.Jackson.. Hurbert, Mahomes.Mahomet.. Russell Willson, burrow, and every other I m not a sitting duck in the pocket.