• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers favor Malik Willis?

micnificent28

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Generally, there's often this belief around here that the next QB class will be better than the present one. From a fanbase that often discusses replacing quarterbacks, it doesn't make sense that you'd want to keep kicking the can down the road when two QBs, one of whom is likely to be there, could help solve an issue this year.

Most are just playing favorites for various reasons but pretending they have no bias. And then some are living in the 90's and early 2000's and spend their days agonizing over the thought of drafting a mobile quarterback.

• Beer 1

58 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

It is unlikely they will but if they do it will be a Trent Dilfer entire team situation most likely. 

I haven't seen a ton of growth from Lamar. It's like he got better for a while then plateaued.

Dude won a MVP.. and you comparing him to Dilfer... OK you clearly have an outdated model of qb perception. You can't win the highest offensive honor in the league beating out Brady mahomes and so on by being dilfer.

1 hour ago, BurnNChinn said:

Exactly what I said a guy with his job on the line is not drafting Willis lol

A guy who has absolutely no choice but to gamble.. because a tackle isn't going to win you 5-6 more games.. think about it. You either going to take a shot or settle for a snails pace which Rhule can't do. It's the exact same gamble naggy had to make the bears last season with Fields.. unfortunately he got fired anyway. 

19 minutes ago, frankw said:

You say things like this but you also think Sam Darnold is a good QB.

Lol I have only said that Sam has all the physical tools. That if you fix his brain he could be great. That light could turn on at some point.

We already have him. He's already paid for. If you are going to gamble on a project it might as well be him since again we are paying for him anyway. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, frankw said:

Most are just playing favorites for various reasons but pretending they have no bias. And then some are living in the 90's and early 2000's and spend their days agonizing over the thought of drafting a mobile quarterback.

Are you intellectually deficient?

Nobody has said don't draft a mobile QB.

They say don't draft a running QB.

They are two different things.

2 hours ago, frankw said:

There seems to be a disconnect here between opinion and fact. The future is unwritten for next years class. Hell the future is still yet to be written for this year. I get the feeling some folks are holding out for that golden ticket kind of QB prospect. Good luck with all that.

You do understand that prospect's value is based on projection, correct?  You are right, nobody knows the future, including Miss Cleo.   I have a feeling you do not follow the draft closely at all.  I mean what is the point in scouting if you don't need to know how prospect looks up until midway through their draft year? I do it that way as hobby, but hey, I'm not getting paid or on a team's staff.  Professional scouts go a bit deeper and need more than just one season worth of tape to get a good read on prospects.  The word out there...even though we realize the season has yet to be played, is the 2023 QB crop is going to be stout.

Edited by 45catfan

20 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Lol I have only said that Sam has all the physical tools. That if you fix his brain he could be great. That light could turn on at some point.

We already have him. He's already paid for. If you are going to gamble on a project it might as well be him since again we are paying for him anyway. 

He's a bust and even if he had any hope he just isn't a natural leader. The sooner we get the energy of that failed trade out of the building the better.

Edited by frankw

12 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

MVP doesn't mean best QB.

What is it with you guys not understanding definitions?

Lol weak response. He was the Most Valuable Player over all the players in the league and he plays the most valuable position. Lamar has proven he can run or throw if needed. If you hate him running so much talk it over with his coach or just get over it.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Are you intellectually deficient?

Nobody has said don't draft a mobile QB.

They say don't draft a running QB.

They are two different things.

You label any QB you don't like as a running QB because you are still bitter about Michael Vick. You need to grow and evolve beyond a caveman way of thinking or just be quiet 🤷‍♂️

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Lol weak response. He was the Most Valuable Player over all the players in the league and he plays the most valuable position. Lamar has proven he can run or throw if needed. If you hate him running so much talk it over with his coach or just get over it.

He's top 12. I'll give him that but he isn't elite.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don't think these old guys respect a guy who gets it done with his legs as well as his arm. It's like if you don't play the game the way I want you to your a "running quarterback" and you can't win. Despite being the MVP you illegitimate.

PRODUCTION in any form is what counts at the end of the day. I DONT care if you run for 100 yards every game as long as you scoring touchdowns and moving the sticks. Are rushing touchdowns worth less than passing touchdowns? Get the job done is all that matters. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

You do understand that prospect's value is based on projection, correct?  You are right, nobody knows the future, including Miss Cleo.   I have a feeling you do not follow the draft closely at all.  I mean what is the point in scouting if you don't need to know how prospect looks up until midway through their draft year? I do it that way as hobby, but hey, I'm not getting paid or on a team's staff.  Professional scouts go a bit deeper and need more than just one season worth of tape to get a good read on prospects.  The word out there...even though we realize the season has yet to be played, is the 2023 QB crop is going to be stout.

So if our professional scouting team drafts Willis or Pickett, are you going to be ok with it? 

The 23 class has a lot of potential, but we have a lot of unknown variables too. Who is leaving early, who gets injured, who regressed and most importantly where are we picking? 

I feel if Neal or Icky or there then it’s a no brainer, but if they aren’t it is pretty wide open… We may get our top QB in this class at 6 versus the 5th or 6th option next year. I’m just trying to look at it from all angles. The hardest obstacle to figure out is how much control Rhule has over the roster and how that will affect our draft.