• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this right? (Cap Space)

Mr. Scot

51 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's part of what I'm wondering, whether there are some contracts not fully processed yet.

I think Hekker, Loannidas, and DJ extension are not accounted for.  The Hekker and Loannidas signings will be negligible since they will replace other players that were already accounting around $1m.  The DJ extension will be expensive, but with a large signing bonus, may actually increase the available cap.

Edited by grimesgoat
nvm
  • Poo 1

There's been so many moves and whatnot it's nearly impossible to really know from our view.  It sounds to be the case per the official release with latest signings adjusted: Public Salary Cap Report | NFLPA

Someone said it elsewhere but we haven't kicked a ton down the road with Shaq, Moton, & CMC.  It's a bit but nothing comparable to Hurney years and it won't strap us by any means.  Sitting comfortably, just needing to eat this Darnold situation for 2022.

Positioning ourselves to have the cap for a move, but may not make a big one if it's not the right deal.  Cap wise, there's not much to worry about IMO.  If anyone wants to join a cool new HC next year and a young promising squad, we'll have the moolah.

• Pie 1

It's funny seeing us as the team with the most cap space especially considering how many FA's we've brought in and all the re-signings. Meanwhile the Saints in 2nd with only 3 players done so far. Boy did they ever push sooooo much money down the line just to fail at getting Watson.

Well CMC just reworked his contract, I think about 5 million was freed up. A few other players reworked their contract too so I think that’s a big reason for the cap room. Don’t forget we also cut Bouye and Fox. Honestly I would rather us tank this year because right now even with all the signings we are at best. A 7 win team. Would you rather have a competitive team that won’t make the playoffs or a bad team that will get a top pick? If we aren’t a playoff team then in my opinion we should tank and try to get the best players available.

11 hours ago, t96 said:

And we have one of the worst dead weight contracts in the league in Darnold right now. We’d have nearly $50M in cap space without him and our roster wouldn’t be any worse.

Well that's gone next year. I just get the feeling that Tepper is going to unload Rhule next year unless he makes the playoffs. We have had a really good FA period. 

Robby restructure pushed $5M to next year, CMC the same, Donte bonus pushed $5M back and his cap is only $6M this year, Bozeman was only $3M total when we were assuming $8ish. So yeah added $15M to next years hit to keep room for now but if we don't spend the money it'll carry over