• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agency Re-Cap and grading

Zod

20 hours ago, Zod said:

Signing D'Onta Foreman makes a CMC trade more likely, imo. Foreman is a starting caliber RB in this league. 

How is Foreman considered a starting caliber RB? He’s been in the league for 4 years and is on his 5th team already. He doesn’t even have 1000 total rushing yards going into his 5th season and has a whopping 5 career rushing touchdowns.

Royce Freeman 2.0. I’ll be surprised if he makes it out of training camp.

• Pie 2

I'd give it free agency a cool B- but there's still time for the offseason overall to go down or up depending on what happens with the draft . Bozeman for as cheap as we got him was a steal, Hekker and Corbett were also really good signings. The rest I am kind of meh on but don't hate either. Donte Jackson contract wasn't ideal but we didn't overpay and couldn't go into the season with Henderson as the 2. DJ Moore extension was alright. The rest are mostly just inoffensive depth signings with the exception of Woods who I don't know jack poo about and Gonzalez which was fine.

10 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

B+ So far, question is ioannidis starting at de or dt? I’d like to do as much possible to fix the run defense

Hopefully our franchise Lt is there at 6, just anything but qb for me and this will be a very good off-season 

Reddick being gone will help because last season teams would just take both edges out of contain spreading the line too thin creating holes or have a TE chip them out of the lane while switching sides frequently and since both DEs were vulnerable to it it was really difficult to adjust to. The Falcons in particular did it a ton in the 2nd game if you go back and watch.

As for Ionnadis starting at DE or DT, I've wondered this myself. He was originally a 3-4 interior DL. Though I'd presume he'll be beside Brown as a 3T as that's where he played when Ron got there in Washington, I'd be interested in seeing how he does if we put him on the edge and signed someone else to put beside Brown to get bigger upfront. 

Edited by beo
  • Pie 1

6 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

How is Foreman considered a starting caliber RB? He’s been in the league for 4 years and is on his 5th team already. He doesn’t even have 1000 total rushing yards going into his 5th season and has a whopping 5 career rushing touchdowns.

Lol yeah and said he would be starter and trade CMC

On 3/21/2022 at 7:04 AM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The only thing about this I don't like are all the one year deals.  Seems they always play well and we end up losing them.

Overall, I agree B should be the grade.  Depending on the draft it could go to an A.

Yeah; all of the one-year deals show me that they're attempting to sneak into the playoffs, and be a contender the next year.

You don't build team chemistry with all 1 year deals.

33 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

In theory, one-year deals are great for both sides. The Panthers' brass gets a player who wouldn't commit to their inept coaching staff beyond that, and the player gets cash and a chance to do what Reddick did: ball out and cash in. 

Which kills us, then we looking for more people next year. Revolving door will keep this team from ever competing for a SB. Rhule needs to be gone, why does everyone see it but Tepper. Damn

1 hour ago, PantherBoy95 said:

Yeah; all of the one-year deals show me that they're attempting to sneak into the playoffs, and be a contender the next year.

You don't build team chemistry with all 1 year deals.

It tells me that the players want to see if the staff is kept around before they decide to sign a longer contract. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

It tells me that the players want to see if the staff is kept around before they decide to sign a longer contract. 

It's either this or Fitt doesn't want to commit to personnel for a particular scheme which may change dramatically with a different coaching staff.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

Completely agree with the first part of your post. He is not a starter in this league, at all. But he did play well in Henry's absence last year and unless we draft a RB I don't see anyone beating him out as a backup and short yardage/goal line back here.