• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Newton's "cryptic" comment got me to thinkin

MHS831

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Lol the Griffin thing?  Come on now - Adam Theilan defended Kirk right after this and Everaob apologized.  I wouldn’t call one defensive teammate who was prob pissed that Cousins got his money and resulted in Griffin being cut evidence of his teammates hating him

Just now, Smithers said:

Lol the Griffin thing?  Come on now - Adam Theilan defended Kirk right after this and Everaob apologized.  I wouldn’t call one defensive teammate who was prob pissed that Cousins got his money and resulted in Griffin being cut evidence of his teammates hating him

There are other links with examples but something tells me you will never change your mind about cousins.  He is a world class douchebag and its well documented

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I watched UNC football a good bit in 2020, but did not have time in 2021--I still find it difficult to believe that Howell dropped off the radar when he and Rattler (another issue) were #1 and #2.  Part of me says that he would be good with a strong supporting cast (as we seem to have now).  Again, I am not the expert and I honestly think the situation most first rounders enter has more to do with their success than anything.  I mean, does anyone here think Mac Jones in New England is better than Trevor Lawrence in Jacksonville?  (I endorsed Jones on the Huddle and the reaction from some of you vermin sent me to therapy.)  PFF Scores--Lawrence 59, Jones 79.  

So who the hell knows?  I do think that a few years in a bad situation makes you gun shy, you lose the trust in your WRs, the internal clock gets very loud, you force things when playing from behind, etc.

My biggest problem with Howell (UNC fan btw) isn’t really that he’s not good enough to win, he is.

The problem is he’s listed 6’2 225lbs and he plays the way 6’6 250lbs Cam Newton did.  In college that’ll get your bell rung, in the NFL it’ll end your career.

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Always possible. But the odds are stacked against Pickett. He was nothing in college until he was 2-3 years older than his competition and playing on a good vet team in a down ACC. Do the math. It's not the player, it was the situation.

If we get Pickett I will support him. If we get Willis I will support him. 
I was impressed with Picketts combine. I think he can be very good. The potential is there. 
You could also apply your logic to many franchise QBs including Burrow. He was nothing till that one year with LSU then he shot up to 1st overall pick. 
Many people thought he was good because of his situation. Turned out he is just a really good QB. 
I am willing to give give Pickett the benefit of the doubt.
He will be way better than Darnold so that is a mega positive. 

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I was impressed with Picketts combine. I think he can be very good. The potential is there. 
You could also apply your logic to many franchise QBs including Burrow. He was nothing till that one year with LSU then he shot up to 1st overall pick. 
Many people thought he was good because of his situation. Turned out he is just a really good QB. 

If I supported Teddy and Darnold you damn well better believe I will be on the pickett/willis train if it comes to that

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

I wouldn’t think that everson griffin is the best resource to quote …. Considering you know his situation…..

but yeah kirk is a jerk

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2856289-report-redskins-players-said-kirk-cousins-was-about-his-numbers-not-winning

I mean there are other links and other examples.  Kirk is a fug head

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Pickett and Burrow were in completely different situations. Pickett was a four year starter and lit up in his fifth year in a weaker conference as well. It could mean nothing or it mean everything, we can only wait and see.

12 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Watch Burrow at LSU then watch Pickett at Pitt. Wildly different. Burrow's ability to throw on the move is elite. The guy can deliver the same ball no matter what. Clean pocket, falling away, running for his life, it doesn't matter. He throws the same ball. It's wild. What changed at LSU was the offense. Over one off-season they went from running an old school 1970s offense to running an actual modern offense. Combine that with elite talent and you had one of the best college offenses of all time.

20 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

The Oregon offense masked the potential of Herbert, and as you stated, it caused reservations with many people. I just wonder if that same Head Coach will do the same to Tyler Van Dyke at Miami this year. 

Maybe. Or maybe he learned his lesson. We'll see.

I just think very little of these "muh system" coaches who can't adapt to the talent on their rosters.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Trade for and sign Minshew (would Philly take a fourth rounder? that is all we really have in 2022, but Philly does not need 2022 picks)

Trade 6 for Philly's 15 and Minshew.  That's just as valuable as a 4th round pick and they have chance to get a top tier piece.   We drop down and still have a good chance of getting a LT or maybe Linderbaum.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Maybe. Or maybe he learned his lesson. We'll see.

I just think very little of these "muh system" coaches who can't adapt to the talent on their rosters.

Hopefully he learned and let's his assistants have more say in the offense since he has assembled what looks to be a really good staff. As you mentioned, time will tell