• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett > Malik Willis (at least for us)

janderson20vt

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Oh yeah I get the red flags. Hand size, average arm strength, older, one year wonder, I just saying that last year his strength was going to progressions. The one read, half field myth falls more into Willis/Howell this past year and that’s mainly because they didn’t have much of an OL to stand behind and make reads. 

Mentally I am prepared for Pickett at 6.  Last year I was mentally prepared for Jones as well.  

I enjoyed watching KP play last year.  That said I just dont know if he is an above average nfl qb.  And that is really what I want at pick 6. 

Taking Kenny Pickett at #6 has been my absolute worst case scenario as a fan since the final whistle blew against Tampa Bay. With the press for Armstead, and now Newton reporting we’re pursuing Duane Brown, seems like we’re determined to fix the OL in FA. Which makes a QB at 6 makes sense.

Why is it so difficult to take the anchor franchise OT for the next 5-10 years at 6?

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, BlueBuck24 said:

Taking Kenny Pickett at #6 has been my absolute worst case scenario as a fan since the final whistle blew against Tampa Bay. With the press for Armstead, and now Newton reporting we’re pursuing Duane Brown, seems like we’re determined to fix the OL in FA. Which makes a QB at 6 makes sense.

Why is it so difficult to take the anchor franchise OT for the next 5-10 years at 6?

Because we need a QB first. If we had got Watson then it wouldn't be a problem but since we can maybe get an LT in FA and not a QB we want then they have to draft that QB. 

11 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Because we need a QB first. If we had got Watson then it wouldn't be a problem but since we can maybe get an LT in FA and not a QB we want then they have to draft that QB. 

You don’t need a QB *first*. You also shouldn’t reach for a QB. Even Fit has said as much. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, BlueBuck24 said:

We don’t have a QB and our staff is in a must win year. Drafting a OT at 6 and ignoring the most important position in sports will almost certainly result in a losing season and their jobs. I get that it makes sense for the long term, but coaches have short windows now. Plus we could end up like the Colts wasting away a talented team never being bad enough to draft a QB. 

48 minutes ago, BlueBuck24 said:

You don’t need a QB *first*. You also shouldn’t reach for a QB. Even Fit has said as much. 

Yeah well you also don't trade for Sam Darnold and guarantee his 19 million dollar option sight unseen but here we are.

1 hour ago, BlueBuck24 said:

Thats a bit dramatic.  He will be fine.  He will win 9-11 games but I fear he lacks the ability to put a team on his back when necessary

26 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

We don’t have a QB and our staff is in a must win year. Drafting a OT at 6 and ignoring the most important position in sports will almost certainly result in a losing season and their jobs. I get that it makes sense for the long term, but coaches have short windows now. Plus we could end up like the Colts wasting away a talented team never being bad enough to draft a QB. 

True...colts finally fix that o line just for luck to retire soon after so they haven't been bad enough to draft a new QB so there in a carousel. Panthers may be in the same situation with the moves they made. You got the 6th pick might want to get your guy now.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

True...colts finally fix that o line just for luck to retire soon after so they haven't been bad enough to draft a new QB so there in a carousel. Panthers may be in the same situation with the moves they made. You got the 6th pick might want to get your guy now.

Why pass up better QBs last year and next year to desperately take your guy this year?

This is why we're a mediocre (at best) franchise. 

Taking any QB #6 overall this year is criminal. Stick to the fuging plan and pick up a cornerstone LT.

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Why pass up better QBs last year and next year to desperately take your guy this year?

Taking any QB #6 overall this year is criminal. Stick to the fuging plan and pick up a cornerstone LT.

Poor planning and team building plain and simple. 

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

You complained about the QB's last year in the draft to no end and then went on to slurp Darnold even until it was obvious he was awful. There is no plan now we only made the "rebuild" process even longer. We should have drafted a tackle and a QB when we knew Cam was done three years ago instead of continuing to overinvest in the defense. Now we are a poverty franchise that no franchise QB's want to play for by choice. Desperation is all that is left get used to it.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

You complained about the QB's last year in the draft to no end and then went on to slurp Darnold even until it was obvious he was awful. There is no plan now we only made the "rebuild" process even longer. We should have drafted a tackle and a QB when we knew Cam was done three years ago instead of continuing to overinvest in the defense. Now we are a poverty franchise that no franchise QB's want to play for by choice. Desperation is all that is left get used to it.

I've never slurped anyone in my life. As for Darnold - he looked good until the hits started to add up. He's shell shocked again now - shite job by our OC and our HC / GM.

The QBs last year were much better than this year - I'd take Jones at #6 if he was available this year, no problem.

I wanted to take Mahomes, but we took McCaffrey instead. 🤷‍♂️