• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey gamers....

shinner

Yeah, that was my question as well. Is the 720 instead of 1080 visible on PS3 games?

On a 32...I would think it would be next to negligible...PS3 has blueray...but I'm sure it'd still look ok in 1080i mode on the 720p models. 1080p on a 32? Doubt you'd notice. I'd draw the line at 40" and up.

On a 32...I would think it would be next to negligible...PS3 has blueray...but I'm sure it'd still look ok in 1080i mode on the 720p models. 1080p on a 32? Doubt you'd notice. I'd draw the line at 40" and up.

That's basically what I read as well...that said, my 60" Pioneer plasma is 720p (bought before 1080p sets became affordable) looks pretty damn good playing bluray rips.

This would be 720p on a 37" that would be used almost exclusively for PS3/XBOX 360. Sub $500 out the door would be very enticing...

Pretty much my exact situation....kids have been playing on a 19" Sharp, el cheapo I bought a few Black Fridays ago so this will be a huge upgrade for them.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see anything on there about processing speed. 60 HZ I assume?

Yep, 60Hz....I dunno if that's a huge deal though. I read A LOT of posts from people who end up turning the 120Hz off because they didn't like what it did to the picture. I paid more attention to the 5ms spec.

Looks like the LG might have a programmable remote too which is an advantage over the Vizio if you need the program multiple devices like a DVD, satellite/cable box, etc.

Archived