• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey gamers....

shinner

Well, I think I'm settled on the LG 37LG30 ($530 from tigerdirect). Gets great reviews, especially with regard to gaming (which is what this will be used for 99% of the time). Guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and pay tigerdirect shipping costs ($36). Even with that I'm saving a ton over Newegg ($699) and Amazon ($644 via buy.com).

Know what...I just realized that I can get the Vizio VL370M at BJ's for less than mail-ordering the LG (because of their shipping fee)...even with paying tax at BJs. And the Vizio is 1080P vs the 720p of the LG. Not a huge point in a 37" TV, but the Vizio is a 2009 model vs the LG which is a discontinued 2008 model. Might take a ride to BJs tomorrow and have a look.

Know what...I just realized that I can get the Vizio VL370M at BJ's for less than mail-ordering the LG (because of their shipping fee)...even with paying tax at BJs. And the Vizio is 1080P vs the 720p of the LG. Not a huge point in a 37" TV, but the Vizio is a 2009 model vs the LG which is a discontinued 2008 model. Might take a ride to BJs tomorrow and have a look.

Vizio's are damn nice tv's, I would definitely get the V. They're customer support is awesome to if you don't opt to get the extended warranty from BJ's. I've heard however that the speakers on Vizio's are a little shoddy for highs and lows so hopefully you have a surround sound to hook it up to.

Thanks.

Doesn't LG have a 2 year manufacturer's warranty anyway?

Thought it said 1, but if it's 2, all the better....the extended picks up where the manufacturer's ends. Three years would be awesome.

32"...do you really get the gain from a 1080p?

37"....but nope, no real gain. Only reason I looked at the Vizio was that I could buy it locally cheaper than mail-ordering the LG once tax and shipping were figured into each. 1080p was just a side benefit of the Vizio, if at all. I was still on the fence about the Vizios to be honest. Was reading some technical reviews where they did poorly in regard to black levels and contrast ratio. Maybe I shouldn't even be concerned with that considering what it's going to be used for. It ain't like this is going in my livingroom or bedroom and will see a lot of TV or DVD usage.

Archived