• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Three top 10 QB's refused to play for Matt Rhule.

Zod

6 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I am not a Matt Rhule fan and want him out like everyone, but, if it was Matt’s fault for being here I don’t believe we would have even been allowed to sit down with DW. He told Philly no, twice, No meeting at all.

Agreed. 

Stafford, yes. He straight up gave the Panthers the middle finger.

No idea if Wilson was ever really in play for the Panthers but I'm sure they inquired about him.

Plain and simple, Watson didn't come to the Panthers because it wasn't the best situation to rehabilitate his brand and image. The fact he's going to the Falcons, who have easily the worst overall roster in the NFC South, shows he's not really concerned about winning, at least in the short term.

Matt Rhule isn't fit to be an NFL coach and I have been as critical of him as anyone here since the moment he was hired. But I don't think Watson didn't choose the Panthers because of Rhule.

Edited by hepcat
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Growl said:

yeah this is what I was saying yesterday 

And I hate to look like a sore loser

but afterall that guy has been through, to be so caught up in market and nightlife, etc

well I’d be a pinch concerned.

I was literally in the process of editing this when it timed me out and told me I couldn’t edit it.

What a dumb feature.

Just now, Actionman0z said:

So do you. But you don’t see me cry about it every post. Get lost. 

At least he isn't pooing posts bc he is being criticized for posting hilarious takes about Darnold being a good quarterback next season. You are all the way deranged fella 😂

• Flames 2

The Watson one stings the most. The Rams were a team that were a legit QB away from being contenders and they proved it. The Broncos are in the toughest division in football but they also look to have a roster ready to compete with a legit QB.

The Saints and Falcons though? Hell, they're not in any better shape in terms of roster than we are. Watson simply looked at those organizations and felt more confident in them being able to build a team around him. Ouch.

• Flames 3

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Agreed. 

Stafford, yes. He straight up gave the Panthers the middle finger.

No idea if Wilson was ever really in play for the Panthers but I'm sure they inquired about him.

Plain and simple, Watson didn't come to the Panthers because it wasn't the best situation to rehabilitate his brand and image. The fact he's going to the Falcons, who have easily the worst overall roster in the NFC South, shows he's not really concerned about winning, at least in the short term.

Matt Rhule isn't fit to be an NFL coach and I have been as critical of him as anyone here since the moment he was hired. But I don't think Watson didn't choose the Panthers because of Rhule.

I did see if Ryan is moved they have a ton of cap next year, I know they won’t have the capital for top draft talent but I’m sure they will look to surround him with play makers like the Rams roster.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The Watson one stings the most. The Rams were a team that were a legit QB away from being contenders and they proved it. The Broncos are in the toughest division in football but they also look to have a roster ready to compete with a legit QB.

The Saints and Falcons though? Hell, they're not in any better shape in terms of roster than we are. Watson simply looked at those organizations and felt now confident in them being able to build around him. Ouch.

Would you trust Rhule and a lower tier outcast of college coaches to build around you? Or better yet when has the Carolina Panthers ever shown it was willing to build around their Franchise Qb? Deshaun made the right choice imo as sad as that is.