• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Options (after Watson)

Evil Hurney

Why does everyone want a QB this season? We will NOT make the Playoffs with ANYONE. The draft prospects are better next season. What's the point of a one season rental? Let Sam suck, get a high draft pick, Rhule gets shown the door. Win win win. You can suffer through a terrible season. Hell, you've done it many, many times.

• Beer 3

34 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Why does everyone want a QB this season? We will NOT make the Playoffs with ANYONE. The draft prospects are better next season. What's the point of a one season rental? Let Sam suck, get a high draft pick, Rhule gets shown the door. Win win win. You can suffer through a terrible season. Hell, you've done it many, many times.

I think this is the general consensus but unless Tepper is saying this season upcoming season is a wash and has assured Rhule he gets a year 4 I dont see it happening. Rhule will do what it takes to stay alive within his powers, which is hard to do if he rolls with Sam. We can only hope Tepper doesn't let him throw the kitchen sink in order to save his skin.

46 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Wouldn’t be mad at it. 

I don’t follow college too much. Is there an Andrew Luck type of prospect next year?

1 hour ago, jtm said:

We need to get Minshew. This guy just wins and is cheap. Plus, the fans will love him bc he is an awesome guy. 

Minshew IMO is the best choice.  Cheap and if he doesn't pan out he would be a free agent next year.  NO additional money owed and we can TRY to get a quarterback next season but that isn't a guarantee.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, jtm said:

We need to get Minshew. This guy just wins and is cheap. Plus, the fans will love him bc he is an awesome guy. 

I'm perfectly fine Minshewmania for a cheap price. Hell if nothing else it will be entertaining to watch him run for his little life in terror if things don't go well. We're not doing anything in 2022 regardless, but if you love watching Minshew play then sure I'd go along with that.

4 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Should of got Minshew instead of Darnold like I said before last season started and let him compete with Teddy. So for me it’s Minshew and it will be cheap and best option. No to Pickett and Willis, just keep building oliine

Yeah Minshew would be fine for cheap. He can be the placeholder until we draft a QB in 2023. He's spunky and sure to entertain if nothing else. Or hell send Sam out there and let's get into a rage and call for his head. 2022 is a wrap either way. Just find something entertaining about the season other than winning.

Edited by pantherj