• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Yea because he was wrong. Watson is waiting on the Falcons to make a decision. I'm sure they're busy trying to see if they can trade Matt Ryan to the Colts. 

I'm not sure how long Watson will wait for the Falcons. But if Atlanta drops out, that's the only way the Panthers stand a chance.

As someone stated, I wonder how the Texans feel about enabling the Colts (rival) to obtain Matt Ryan… 

In retrospect it was obvious he wasn't coming here, or at least had no intention of doing so, after he didn't pull the trigger for us after the team met with him.  The rebuttal to that line of thinking was "well he didn't pull the trigger for New Orleans or Atlanta either!" but those two teams actually have to do work just to open up the books, whereas we've had enough cap space since day 1.  Not comparable.

So best case is Ryan remains untradable, and Loomis can't squeeze the last 10 million in room, and we get Watson, who doesn't want to be here, by default.  He doesn't play most of this year because of suspension, and then after three seasons he's a free agent again who very well still might not want to be here and could leave us.  So how is that worth continuing this pursuit?

Edited by MVPccaffrey
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, imminent rogaine said:

And, This deal is going to hamstring NO or ATL for the next few years. W Brady on the way out, this could be a blessing in disguise… if we can find a QB, that is.

Big if, and since the salary cap doesn't exist to NO because they just kick the can. How exactly will it hamstring them? 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

Sheena is very impartial. She doesnt have a side. She's the best insider Panther fans have right now. 

Still trying to figure out how an 80s Scottish Pop Star figures in to this..

NDMtNjgxNS5qcGVn.jpeg

• Pie 1

Just now, Barney said:

read one report that said it is down to New Orleans and Atlanta.  Damn sure don't want him in the NFC South with another team.  

At this point don't care.. I just want the Teaxans to drag every little bit of assets they can get from either NO or Atl..

3 minutes ago, scratched said:

If the Falcons can't make it work, he comes to the Panthers. I think he went back to NO because something just wasn't right. So he was giving them one more chance before he makes his decision. It's FALCONS or PANTHERS, IMHO!

Also, maybe Houston doesn't want ATL because they don't want Matty Ice in INDY?

• Pie 1