• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

You think giving up all your high draft picks for three years, plus all of your good players equals winning MORE?

Oh three firsts is steep. But that does not in any way guarantee Houston multiple Super Bowls. And we have yet to get a confirmation on the players involved. But I've been saying we need to change course and start going all in on the offense in a league that is now clearly driven by it. Even if we don't land Watson I will still feel that way.

Edited by frankw

Just now, NCTHFL0567 said:

Cousins has always had solid stats man. But something with him just not winning like he should. 

Which....not 100% sure Watson isn't that guy too. He had two good seasons(winning wise) but his worst season winning wise was his best statistically.

Keep in mind, in Kirk's first 4 full seasons were statically more impressive than Watson and had a .500ish record with a dumpster fire franchise. That was what netted him that massive deal. Some thought it was being a Redskin that was holding him back.

I personally think Watson is better but let's be perfectly clear, he also might end up proving to be no more of a winner than Cousins has. 

• Pie 1

Just now, jackson113 said:

Some of y’all getting too much invested… it is what it will be .. it’s all good..

I’m fine either way tbh. If we don’t land watson I’m just gonna be a general nfl fan until the panthers get their poo together. But I won’t watch next year with Jimmy g and Matt rhule. And I won’t be angry just apathetic. This is just entertainment.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Which....not 100% sure Watson isn't that guy too. He had two good seasons(winning wise) but his worst season winning wise was his best statistically.

Keep in mind, in Kirk's first 4 full seasons were statically more impressive than Watson and had a .500ish record with a dumpster fire franchise. That was what netted him that massive deal. Some thought it was being a Redskin that was holding him back.

I personally think Watson is better but let's be perfectly clear, he also might end up proving to be no more of a winner than Cousins has. 

At least Watson won a playoff game or two. Cousins went to a stacked Vikings team and can't even get them to the Playoffs consistently. 

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Oh three firsts is steep. But that does not in any way guarantee Houston multiple Super Bowls. And we have yet to get a confirmation on the players involved. But I've been saying we need to change course and start going all in on the offense in a league that is now clearly driven by it. Even if we don't land Watson I still will feel that way.

The problem is you're giving Houston the 5 in your 5-12, and you're keeping what got you the 12. It's the football version of an NBA club pairing Kyrie Irving with a team of rec-ballers, but selling it as progress. Doing something different is just that: doing something different.

I don't advocate silly risks from a front office that is batting .000 on any kind of critical decision (Bridgewater, Darnold, trading a 3rd and Arnold for a trash CB, etc.)

• Beer 1

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

The problem is you're giving Houston the 5 in your 5-12, and you're keeping what got you the 12. It's the football version of an NBA club pairing Kyrie Irving with a team of rec-ballers, but selling it as progress. Doing something different is just that: doing something different.

I don't advocate silly risks from a front office that is batting .000 on any kind of critical decision (Bridgewater, Darnold, trading a 3rd and Arnold for a trash CB, etc.)

Yet you advocate holding onto an oft injured running back that is crushing our salary cap without a real QB. What do YOU want?

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Might have something to do with Brady being one of, if not, the biggest star in the NFL.

What have the Panthers done since 2015 other than lose? A bad small market team is not a ratings or click producing thing.

The Lakers, the marquee NBA team, have 4-5 guys that most say are all HOFers and that people assumed would be the most super of super teams. Nobody saw this coming, so it's news as the NBA season makes the final push to the playoffs.

It's not some conspiracy against the Panthers, Charlotte, or the Carolinas. It's all about the money, ratings/clicks, and big market teams.

While I agree, if it's not LA, NY, MIA, etc., teams winning is a huge factor in the coverage we get...

But man, there is more to it than you are letting on.  What have the Cowboys done every year, basically since the triplets retired besides flail out of contention?  Yet, every season it never fails, they are taking up the airwaves nonstop.  They may have been super popular for bandwagoners between the Landry Years up through the 90s, but nobody gives a flying poo about that wack ass team besides people that were born into fandom with them.  Yet, they are talked about incessantly as though they are one of the NFL's flagship teams.  They fuging suck.  They do nothing but disappoint every fuging year.

Hell, the Browns historically suck, and they got plenty of airtime the last 2 years between the Baker stuff, Myles Garrett, and OBJ.  But have anything they've done truly merit that attention?  Especially last season?  No.

The NFL has constantly, throughout our history, used us as a prop for other teams and better storylines.  Media, for the most part, are fed the stories they are to push by their corporate partners (in this case the NFL)...  so, there is definitely more to it besides "we just suck.  No one is picking on us."

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Why did a new thread get started just to discuss the exact same thing lol 

Rayzor:  I am the alpha male here, and I say 1 thread!!!

Zod:  I need to reclaim my turf.

Rayzor:  I have spoken!!

Zod:  But I own the microphone, I say unto you.

Rayzor:  You wouldn't!!

Zod: I would and am going to.

Rayzor:  Damn you.

Zod:  Buhaaahaaa

THE END

• Flames 2